2 Notes Torpedo Live anyone, anyone have any experience with one?

Texas_minor_blues

Rosewood or Bust
A buddy of mine brought this to my attention and from what I am reading it sounds like a must have but I do not have the ability to check one out anywhere, so I turn to you guys to see if any of you have any info

thanks

I just picked up a Mesa Cab Clone and posted a couple of clips in the Amplifiers section of the forum, so there would be a frame of reference for my comments.

Check it out, and maybe it'll help you decide if you need the extra features of some of the other boxes on the market.

I did check out the cab clone, ! Mesa Boogie has always been rather hit or miss with me. Amps like the Lonestar and Mark II have always appealed to me but the rectos and mark IV/V just never did it for me. The cab clone does sound really nice, I was looking at the Torpedo Live because it seemed like a simple solution to 2-3 issues (cab sim, load box, recording). Also found this that I wanted to share!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmz5uBzsHMY

Here is Dominic Cifarelli rocking a 513 through the Torpedo live

Ahhhh, Cab Clone and Two Notes Torpedo.
I remember this video I watched a few months back when I was researching my Mesa Mark Five 25 amp.
I dig the guy's playing, and he does a lot of reviews.

He is using the built in Cab Clone though on the Mark Five 25, and stand alone one like Les has a few more features on it.

Mesa/Boogie Mark V vs Mark V 25 vs CabClone

MkV - Xtreme 0:00
MkV:25 - Xtreme w/Torpedo Live 1:02
MkV:25 - CabClone w/resistive load 2:02
MkV:25 - CabClone w/reactive load 2:39

MkV - Mk4 mode 3:17
MkV:25 - Mk4 mode w/Torpedo Live 4:18
MkV:25 - CabClone w/resistive load 5:17
MkV:25 - CabClone w/reactive load 5:54

MkV - Mk2C+ mode 6:32
MkV:25 - Mk2C+ w/Torpedo Live 7:32
MkV:25 - CabClone w/resistive load 8:32