2 Excellent Examples of SE HBII / SE HBII Piezo

Here is another one. It is not a demo of the guitar. It is a lesson on hybrid picking by Corey Congilio. But he uses an SE HB II Piezo for the lesson that PRS sent him. The first few minutes are spent discussing the guitar and he introduces it by saying, "Let me tell you how great the company is....."

Here is another one. It is not a demo of the guitar. It is a lesson on hybrid picking by Corey Congilio. But he uses an SE HB II Piezo for the lesson that PRS sent him. The first few minutes are spent discussing the guitar and he introduces it by saying, "Let me tell you how great the company is.....

I like that the SE's tone is clear and not muddy. Nice balance of frequency across the board. Am listening to the first 4:30 minutes and was hoping to hear the guitar's various modes, but likely won't stick around for the remaining hour and a half waiting for Corey to play. At 9 minutes in, Corey begins playing again, and slightly later, demoes the piezo...so, yeah, Corey does showcase the guitar...you just need to be patient and wait for him to play...

IMHO, videos that tell me about the guitar's quality and tone are as only as good as how much time is spent actually playing the guitar, vs. yapping about it. I don't have that much patience to listen to "guitar talk"...I think we can agree it makes much better sense to hear the guitar do the talking, not the guy...

It's surprising that Rob doesn't have any solo releases of his work. Even layered parts of his guitar over a drum track with bass as shown in his videos would be welcome...

He (was) a busy guy. Jamiroquai is a pretty intense gig.

So I've heard. Almost a J. Mayer blend with smooth jazz..

Wish he might impart some of his chops my way...much to learn from his style of playing...and some good news soon...incoming...will post images after arrival...

Back