2 Custom 24's - 1 serial number

Mozzi

https://imgur.com/user/BAMozzy/posts
A friend of mine has just bought a couple of 90's Custom 24's but noticed they both have the same serial number...

As you can see both guitars are quite different - one a Black Cherry with Birds, the other a Scarlett Burst with moons

S3So0W9.jpg

Both are all original with all original hardware.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of this happening? Have you ever heard of anyone owning both at the same time??

As you can see from the Headstock, they both have the same serial number...

1Sc4Lp6.jpg

and both have the same numbers written inside

8i1Rs5R.jpg

A closer look at each cavity
b1NPeJC.jpg

Kp7ie53.jpg

I had to split the post into 2 as I kept getting an 'error' trying to post as 1 - sorry

Its entirely possible that someone made an 'error' at the beginning of the build as both have the same handwritten number in the cavity that would have been on the guitars throughout. Its probably quite easy to write the same number twice when doing things manually. I think its unusual and cool - doesn't detract from these stunning 1990 guitars at all - if anything, it adds to them, something extremely uncommon and to have 'both' must be extremely rare...

It’s got to mean something that they landed in the same place.
I think it’s cool.

The discussion of two signatures with the same number comes up from time to time, but I think that was just the number within the series, not the serial number.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of this happening?

I’ve seen numerous guitars where the limited edition number was duplicated. I’ve never seen a duplicated serial number.

Have you ever heard of anyone owning both at the same time??

I sold Sig LE #300 of 300 to Howard Henig. He now owns them both. In my opinion, a duplicate only hurts the guitars value until you have the pair. Then you have something that probably goes up (when kept as a pair).

Back