2 Custom 24's - 1 serial number

I have never had matching serial numbers (unless you consider the ones without any serial number).

I still have both Signatures that are numbered 883. They are both 91s, but serial numbers are about 800 apart. They are finished in different colors also

That’s what I was thinking about.

In my opinion, a duplicate only hurts the guitars value until you have the pair. Then you have something that probably goes up (when kept as a pair).

I totally agree - I don't think he would sell them separately and only as a pair if he was to sell...

The chances of that happening and then somehow you ending up with both are so slim that I think you should buy a lottery ticket.

Oh, and never separate the two guitars. They belong together.

I can't believe he has put both up for sale on Reverb...

They are both confirmed to be genuine too from PRS after contacting them...

Both are beautiful but oddly enough the black cherry looks more 10 top (to me) than the stamped one.

I'll be curious what type of extra value it adds when trying to sell the pair. The price looks absurdly high but I've been wrong before.

Maybe just testing to the water to see what interest there is in both as a pair (not selling individually) and are happy to discuss any reasonable offers. I don't know what the two are 'worth' and its not as if you will find 2 genuine Custom 24's with the exact same serial number....

Having seen some coins with a 'mistake' selling for a LOT more than face value to a collector, maybe to the right person, these maybe worth a lot - especially if they are looking for a long term investment. It does seem that guitars from this era of PRS are going up in value. To someone looking for a couple of 'players' and looking at the price of a single guitar, doubling that and expecting a price around that figure (or less), then it will seem very high.

I don't know what a fair price would be and like I said, you can't exactly find another couple of pre-91 Custom 24's with the exact same serial number being sold as a pair to gauge what price to expect - also taking into consideration condition and whether or not they have all the original parts, fully working and any accompanying paperwork.

Anyway, I would like that 10 top Black Cherry - has a great top on it!!

I'm more curious as to how, thinking of the laws of coincidence, how was he able to come across both guitars with the same number? It's one this 2 people having the same number, but the same person owning both? That's spooky!

They both look spectacular though. Did CE's ever have a different numbering system?

Back