2 Channel 'H' Questions

22Top

perfectly cromulent
I posted this on VR as well... so I apologize if you've read this already:

I'm wondering about the 2 Channel 'H'... I'm potentially picking one up shortly, but won't be able to play it first. My questions are:

1. How do I tell what revision it is? And what are the differences?

2. Can the clean channel be driven (on its' own, or with a boost) into grindy OD territory a la David Grissom, for example?

3. I've read some complaints about noise? I was under the impression that these are engineered to eliminate noise (aside from 60 cycle hum using a SC pickup)

Thanks for your input,

Jarek

From what I saw, the revision is marked on the back of the amp. the different mods have been updates over the years. Doug gets a lot of Feedback from customers and he checks out everyone of them.. some of the ideas actually get implemented in the new revs. but most of the revs come from him trying new components when he is building them..

yes you can definetly drive the clean channel.. you don't need pedals. but I use my clean channel very clean and use a slight boost to get some hair..

I have never heard any noises on my 2 Channel. there are so many environmental things that can introduce noise and hiss.. but that is me.. I would do some investigating and talk to ppl that have had those issues.
hope this helps.

Back