1I / 1O

CandidPicker

Tone Matters. Use It Well.
One of my friends was working his job this past weekend and was injured on the job, requiring hospitalization and surgery for the poor guy. "Walter" was the sole breadwinner for his family (him and his wife), and it may be some time before he can recover, include physical therapy, and get back to work. His medical bills may be covered, but while Walter cannot work, neither can he afford to pay his bills, since he worked per-job blue collar labor rates.

To help the guy with his daily living expenses while he can't work, I've opted to sell one of my guitars (on eBay) and downsize to a less expensive guitar (likely an S2), and donate a portion of my sales proceeds to Walter's family.

I've already put together a FaceBook fundraiser for Walter, including his high school class (a year ahead or behind my grad year).

Feel free to check me out on eBay (rsgilbert3 / eBay) or PM me for more information. The guitar is a Suhr tele for those who may have an interest in these type of guitars.

Mighty fine gesture.

Thanks for responding. I wasn't sure folks would buy the guitar based on sale alone, and didn't mention Walter in the eBay listing. eBay is sometimes skeptical of hard-luck stories, though I thought this forum might take a more personal interest, because we're closer-knit folks here. Thanks again.

Good on you!

That’s kind of you, Bob. Right on.

Kudos, to you, sir! Nice gesture. And hope Walter gets back up n running sooner, rather than later.

Although I know little about the details of Walter's work accident, folks I've heard from say Walter was offloading his dump truck from the bed platform and fell 7 feet to the pavement, sideways. These folks also suggested to not mention the medical details (for privacy concerns), but Walter's surgery was successful and hopefully with time, Walter can heal and recover. Thanks for your kind words, folks, Water could use some prayers and good vibes if not financial help while he recovers.

Back