1997 ce 22 faded blue jean

thanks bmiller..and i had no idea that talking or discussing worth was sort of taboo..being deadly unprofessional but love to play i have tried so many and my discomfort on playing most kind of destroyed my joys of playing ..but visual beauty does attract me first to any guitar and i must say that the beast is a beauty,,of course i had no idea that she was NATURALLY faded which adds to her timeless beauty

hi shawn do you personally work with prs?. awesome..are you saying that due to the serial number or the information given that my beast was always meant to be another color?..was this a last minute detail on prs's part
Yes, Shawn works for PRS - he is one of our friendly links to the company on this forum!

What Shawn is referring to is found in the photos from the Reverb listing - the one photo showing the writing under the pickup in the cavity describes the guitar as it was being built, and the color code in there says "Scarlet Red". The black felt-tip marker bit that says "CE22SRQWT" means CE model, 22 frets, Scarlet Red color, Quilt top, Wide Thin neck.

It is likely there was a last minute change in color at the factory, but I suppose it is possible the guitar was shipped in red, then refinished to blue at some point, which has now faded.

Back