1995 PRS Purple Custom 24 10-Top Pawnshop Score!!!

Texsunburst59

I finally found a killer deal on an old school PRS guitar at a pawnshop.

I hit pawnshops daily 5 days a week 52 weeks a years.

Over the years I've scored amazing deals on great guitars, but I'd NEVER found a older PRS until Monday.

The guitar had just come out an hour before I got there.

I knew the minute I saw it that is was an older PRS and the neck date confirmed.

A quick look on my phone on several guitar sites confirmed that it was a killer deal.

After some haggling back and forth, I got them to go down about $300 more because it didn't have the original case.

I was happy with the snakeskin case it came with.

I got this guitar for about the price of a new PRS SE Custom 24 guitar.

Anyway here's some pics from the shop and a few from the backyard.

32125300807_6f4ee69db5_b.jpg

33191901298_8c90c17033_c.jpg

46343236244_ff15c6533b_z.jpg

46160637945_a0c894b2a4_b.jpg

46160675645_19e45c769e_b.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I'm really blown away that I was able to score this beauty,but there's one issue.

I love everything about the guitar except the HFS pickup in the bridge.

It's such a hot pickup, and I want a bridge pickup that's more of a low wind type humbucker.

For those here who have/had one of the these Vintage Bass/ HFS loaded Custom 24's, what pickup did you pair with the VB ?

Did most here keep the VB and change out the HFS, or did you change out both pickups?

I love your guitar, purple is cool.

I'm with you, I don't care for the HFS but I do like the VB. I can't remember without looking but it seems the VB has good output for a neck PU so you may have to change both.

Any of the most recent pickups from prs ,59,57,53,58,85 will be an improvement IMHO.

Good luck.

I love your guitar, purple is cool.

I'm with you, I don't care for the HFS but I do like the VB. I can't remember without looking but it seems the VB has good output for a neck PU so you may have to change both.

Any of the most recent pickups from prs ,59,57,53,58,85 will be an improvement IMHO.

Good luck.

Thanks Gush.

I'll get on the PRS website and youtube to listen to these pickups you mentioned.

Oh yeah. That there is the goods. Probably dragon 1's in there if they are original pups and haven't been changed out.

On a side note, with all of the internet sales sites available now days, I am not sure how pawn shops are surviving. The world wide web seems to have eliminated the need for that middle man. But it looks like it worked out for you in this particular case.

Back