1994 custom 22 - legit?

Jazzmasterflex

It's a birds/rosewood fretboard/tremolo version that has an interesting and unique (read:weird stripe like its a imperfect flame near bridge spanning whole front)orange flame. I can post pictures soon but wanted to get your take. The seller has no hangtag or case candy but it looks pretty flawless and he says he has the original case.
I've not seen this era guitar with a trem piece and it doesn't have pickup covers.
What should I be looking for as far as checking for any mods or whatnot? Can I verify they are the dragon one pickups without doing a lot of disassembly? I'm weary yet excited because this'll be my first usa prs and I could get it at a good deal (I know no prices!) Any other things to check for a guitar of this type or things to affect a resale value?

Last edited:
Follow up--- it's got a 5 way rotary which I'm excited to check out and see if it has the bite with the dragon I's of my old strat. The serial numbers match up for a '94 prs so that's reassuring. Is there anything I can see to tell me if this was a CNC built or dupli-jig?

Last edited:
Well everything in the description sounds period correct so far I think, though my memory is getting worse by the hour:D
Should have winged tuners with the shared screw on the D/G strings. Short of pulling pickups, not much to tell you if they are the original dragons.

Is that neck heel right for a 1994? I thought that neck heel type didn't start till the "factory" produced models.

Am I crazy for thinking the weird stripe is like an awesome personality girlfriend with a weird birthmark on her face? I don't know if I can pull the trigger

Am I crazy for thinking the weird stripe is like an awesome personality girlfriend with a weird birthmark on her face? I don't know if I can pull the trigger

It's just a wide flame in the wood. If it doesn't appeal to you, then don't buy it.

Is that neck heel right for a 1994? I thought that neck heel type didn't start till the "factory" produced models.
All 22-fret necks had that heel, even the ones made in the Virginia Avenue factory.

Looks like a very nice original Custom 22 and I personally think the wide bit of flame adds character.

Back