1994 cu22 10 top

Crazyjay

MF3mOlO.jpg
VBAaJZfl.jpg
Xs9F1LY.jpg
MF3mOlO
Guy selling says this is a 1994 custom 22 with Brazilian rosewood neck , dragon 2 pickups , he's selling for 1875 what do you guys think is this really Brazilian neck

Maybe you could tell by looking inside the trc. Though, I don't know why a BRW would be covered by paint. Perhaps the serial # could tell you. But the top really looks great, so... .

As far as I'm aware, the only finished Brazilian necks PRS ever made were on the Rosewood LTD. All others have been left sealed but unfinished. So, no, I very much doubt its a Rosewood neck. And for 94 its unlikely its a Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard. They stopped using Brazilian routinely in 90-91.

It looks like this is a normal 1994 Cu22 Stoptail 10top. Certainly a mahogany neck and most likely an indian rosewood fingerboard.
If the pickups are original they should be Dragon 1's I believe. This should be written on the bottom of te pickups.

Do you guys think this is worth the money , it is 20 years old but am I better off spending more for an artist edition

IF it has a rosewood headstock overlay and is a Brazilian custom 22 I might hit it for that, but not if it is a run of the mill custom 22 unless you really love it.

Although of it does have the Dragon pups that is a bonus as they sound amazing. I believe the Dragons were uncovered only and the Dragon II's were covered only.

That is a mighty pretty top, and as WEDGE said if those are the original D1s then I'd say it's probably a decent deal, might shave off a little bit.

Back