1992 Custom 24 Bridge Question

CantankerousCarl

Occasionally Onery Member
At my house today arrived a very nice condition 1992 Custom 24. As I unscrewed everything to check for originality (no expert though) I noticed that the bridge does indeed to be one of the original MIL-COM one-piece models. The bridge on my 1993 Standard 24 definitely has the three bolts; this looks to be one piece and has the "MIL-COM INC FRANKLIN NH" stamp.

Were these standard on later models? I thought they were only on the first couple of years...so maybe someone replaced this one? Thoughts?

Hmmm...so wondering now why your CE and my Standard from the same year have different bridges...guess someone could've swapped out the bridge on my Standard before I knew her.

More than likely this was the transition period from the one piece bridges to the two piece bridges. From what I recall of PRSs' history, this makes sense.

At my house today arrived a very nice condition 1992 Custom 24. As I unscrewed everything to check for originality (no expert though) I noticed that the bridge does indeed to be one of the original MIL-COM one-piece models. The bridge on my 1993 Standard 24 definitely has the three bolts; this looks to be one piece and has the "MIL-COM INC FRANKLIN NH" stamp.

Were these standard on later models? I thought they were only on the first couple of years...so maybe someone replaced this one? Thoughts?

You probably have a transisition model. That was right around the time that PRS started phasing out my original 1 pc Mil-Com bridges and using another source (Excel Machine) to produce.

Back