1992 Custom 24, Brazilian rosewood

Bke

hi all, new to the forum and hoping someone might be able to help

I'm trying to price what looks like a mint 1992 custom 24, with Brazilian rosewood, colour is tortoise shell, has a sweet switch, original case and candy etc.

Any ball parks would be appreciated. Cheers - oh, I'm im Europe so would expect prices to be a little higher here that the USA due to rareness.

According to PRS, Brazilian rosewood was no longer used on regular production guitars by 1992 so you might find that guitar has an Indian rosewood fingerboard instead. That may not make any difference to how attractive the guitar is, but you might want to bear it in mind when discussing price.

According to PRS, Brazilian rosewood was no longer used on regular production guitars by 1992 so you might find that guitar has an Indian rosewood fingerboard instead. That may not make any difference to how attractive the guitar is, but you might want to bear it in mind when discussing price.
Seems this was a custom order made by the current owner when visiting the factory, apparently they still had a small amount of Brazilian Rosewood - is listed as Brazilian in the PRS spec sheet.

Must admit I have never seen a factory fitted sweet switch like that. If the buyer wanted tone and sweet switch it was normally put on a pull pot.

Edit: Teach me to open my big mouth. Found another 91 with the same switch placement on another forum. I'll get me coat.

Last edited:
Early '90's custom 24s can be had for about $2k in the States. IMO, special orders for a regular customer will not effect price much, and in some cases may lower the value [This would not be the case with the Brazilian Rosewood]

Back