1989 PRS Custom 24 Standard Treble & Bass Pickup Help

BillyRaff

I am new to the forum today, so pardon the question I am sure has been discussed thousands of times. I bought my Custom 24 in 1989 and it remains my #1 and best playing guitar that I own. The issue that I have always had, and done nothing about it, involves the pickups. They are standard treble & bass and leave something to be desired, in my opinion. I am play blues, rock and some pop, pretty straight forward. I just find that the pickups lack presence, cut, punch or clarity. I am looking for replacements to try. I know this question is highly subjective. All I can say is that I would like to keep it in the PRS family. I just need a huge improvement.

Thanks for the help!

BillyRaff

I have 57/08's in my old CE 24, and they rock my world. That would be my first choice.

I had an 89 cu24 but now own an 86 cu24 and I've got to say those T and Bs are fabulous, at least to me.

Before you pull those out, play with pickup height. Prs pickups seem to respond well to small adjustments. Don't forget to play with individual pole height too.

Good luck. 5909s or 5310s is my recommendation but that's without knowing what you're after.

Back