1988 Studio questions

jcolmn

Hello

I picked up what looks to be a 1988 Studio. It has a pretty good ding in the bottom with a hunk of the finish gone.
In researching I see other Studios with moons and a sweet switch. I also read that there is a standard HSS model back then, but not sure if that is what this is.

Either way, the neck is great and I love the era and will most likely keep it.

Thanks

Bummer with that ding in the body...you might as well send it my way so you don't have to deal with it...:rolleyes:

Seriously...Congrats !! That is killer!

It's a Studio. Nice one too. Birds were an option. Looks like the sweet switch has been replaced. The PTC can fix the chip or you can just leave it as a battle scar. Congratulations!

Beautiful! And that bit of character on the lower bout was earned after 26 years. I'd leave any 80s PRS with player wear as-is.

I would not throw that one out of bed for eating crackers...love the white with the birds. Congrats!

Dang, that looks so nice! Love the color with the birds! And I agree with everyone else (because I'm a follower, not a leader), leave that battle scar as-is, it gives it character.

Here's a Standard 22 Studio that I owned for a while:

StudioBody.JPG

It's a Studio. Nice one too. Birds were an option. Looks like the sweet switch has been replaced. The PTC can fix the chip or you can just leave it as a battle scar. Congratulations!
I didn't think the studio ever came with a sweet switch. I've never seen one.

I didn't think the studio ever came with a sweet switch. I've never seen one.
I didn't either but I looked it up in the book. It said the early ones did. The book has been known to be wrong in a few things. This may be one of them.

Dang, that looks so nice! Love the color with the birds! And I agree with everyone else (because I'm a follower, not a leader), leave that battle scar as-is, it gives it character.

+1 here
Congrats, it's time to make your own mark on her

Back