1957/2008 McCarty...I think I'm in trouble here

It must have something to do with the absorption of the stains and the graining of the wood itself...
Also, it's only been available on special runs ie 5310, A5, etc...
Also used on some acoustics I have played.....

I don't know about the wood but I wish my local GC would get stuff like that in

Story of my life! We almost never get anything cool in! This was the 1st that made my jaw drop.

So can anyone give me more info on the 1957/2008 run? Was there a LTD run of the signed/#'d 150 and that's it, or were more produced outside that 150. It's got the truss rod cover. I don't remember seeing signed back plate though. I can go get the serial # & maybe the modcat, but I'm interested in the history either way.

Thanks.

I had a 57/08 in Mcarty sunburst. great guitar! I traded it in for a Sig.Limited.Ever since i got the sig. limited,it's all i play! Mr Smith will really have to go some to top the Sig.Limited,for me to buy another guitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vchizzle - all of the the 57/08 run should have the signed back plate.

bluefade - four words. "Private Stock" and "Collection Series"......

Really?....hmmm maybe the signed plate was removed & put in case(unlikely). I should see if the case candy is there too.

I have a custom 24 private stock with 57/08's in it. It's #2675. There are pictures of it on WILDWEST GUITAR'S WEB SITE. It's a great guitar,but toneally much less versatile than the sig.lim.

You should try a PS 408 Sig - my Sig Ltd is good, but my PSs are tonally much richer.

I'm not really interested in a Sig, just info on the guitar in question.

It sounds like it has the two most important characteristics, playability and tone, as well as the third: looks. Does it replace any tool that you have now or does it augment your collection? If it augments, then you'll be posting a NGD in about 60 days. If it replaces something, by how much? Perhaps you can bring in your other McCartys and a/b/c them. If you're attached to your others, just put different pickups in your old one and now you've augmented your tool set. :D

It sounds like it has the two most important characteristics, playability and tone, as well as the third: looks. Does it replace any tool that you have now or does it augment your collection? If it augments, then you'll be posting a NGD in about 60 days. If it replaces something, by how much? Perhaps you can bring in your other McCartys and a/b/c them. If you're attached to your others, just put different pickups in your old one and now you've augmented your tool set. :D
Does it replace or augment the collection is the million dollar question. Well, as far a differences go, it is a maple top McCarty - which I don't have. Both my Macs are standards. I'm pretty set on not letting go of them, so it will need to augment. I have 5708's in one of those, so it will be a pretty good comparison to see if it adds to what I have. I like to have a few guitars in different tunings, so it would help with that.

As far as the looks go, it pretty much nails everything I don't have that I want. An awesome quilt top, I've always wanted one. A faded blue finish, always wanted one. I went in today and looked at it and it is #95 of the signed LTDs....that doesn't hurt either. I graduated in '95, so kinda cool. Only thing missing is the hang tag, which is a bummer but not a big thing.

I think about the guitar a lot so that's a good sign. Either way, I'm buying the guitar and will test drive it thru my gear and my environment. If it doesn't stack up or augment what I have, I'll return it and get something else. I don't usually operate like that, but the GC guys(a few solid employees at this one), are fine with that. They know I'm an ultra picky PRS freak:D
So we'll see how it shakes out and if she's a keeper.

The first PRS I purchased. 1/150............................love this guitar!

DSC_0010.jpg

Back