1400 dollar guitar should come with a hard shell case am I alone in this

My custom shop ESP that I paid like $5.5k (basically a Esp Horizon CTM with different color) didn't come with a hardshell case... Yeah...

You should have the option to save some money if you want, but I would never buy a guitar without a HSC. I have a Baby Taylor that came with a bag and if it weren't an oddball size, I would have asked for one. I just like the idea that if you accidentally bang it, etc it is protected. A bag is OK, but you have to be more careful with it. If it is something that should last for years, I will spend 5-10% extra to help make sure it does. Better than spending it on an "extended warranty".

Just got a Protec Contego Case for the Mira with some Discover Card Points I had Laying around. It's thin with rigid sides but like a gig bag. Just wanted something a little sturdier besides the PRS gig bag, but I think it weighs about the same as the guitar.

BUY A FENDER STRAT IT COMES WITH A HARD SHELL CASE BUT THE COST IS UP BY $100. POINT MADE. YOU CAN BUY A CASE FOR $125.
SO NOW THEY CAN INCLUDE THE CASE.BUT NOW UR PAYING $1525.WHICH IS BETTER,ILL TAKE THE GIG BAG WHICH ARE WELL BUILT,AND HAVE ANOTHER PRS THAT DIDNT COST ME $3000

I love the SE gig bags. The only thing I could find that came close to an SE gig bag for my Epi LP was the Fender Metro gig bag.

to transport my prs's, i have a SKB flight case. is it heavy? yes. is it clumsy? yes. but I will not take one of my $2000-$3500 prs anywhere without them being in it. i dont care if it's even out to the garage. if people have no problem with gig bags, god bless them. i'm sure their are many bags out there that are very good, and i can understand the weight and portability issues. to each his own. that's what makes the world go around. but just because nothing has ever happened yet, doesent mean it never will. with my flight case, it NEVER will. i work to hard for what little spending money for gear i have, and my prs's will ALWAYS be in a hard case. that's jsut me. that's my story, and i'm sticking to it!

but just because nothing has ever happened yet, doesent mean it never will. with my flight case, it NEVER will

In the next scene a man, struggling to cross the street, and distracted manhandling his unwieldy flight case, gets run over by a bus.

The guitar survives undamaged.

Oh yes, the joy of hauling a 10 pound Les Paul in 30 pound road case through the streets of Europe going back and forth gigs. The magic, the memories.:laugh:
If I ever get the chance again I'll take my chances with a decent gig bag.

Oh yes, the joy of hauling a 10 pound Les Paul in 30 pound road case through the streets of Europe going back and forth gigs. The magic, the memories.:laugh:
If I ever get the chance again I'll take my chances with a decent gig bag.

That brings back memories! in the '80's I used to walk 2 miles each way to band practice 3 or 4 nights a week with my LP in one hand and pedal board in the other. I think the Les Paul arm is a full inch longer than the other.

Road cases were "the thing" in the late 70's early 80's. You just weren't a real musician without one.
I have a love/hate thing with Les Pauls and see why the SG came about.

I changed out my stop tail studs with some from Tonepros yesterday on my Mira. As I was putting the stock studs in my Mira's hardshell case for safe keeping, I realized I hadn't ever used the case since I bought the guitar. It's just been a gig bag guitar since I bought it a year and a half ago.

I'm finding the PRS gig bag better for daily use around the house. The case I bought for my guitar is really nice but has so many zippers and velcro that getting the guitar out is less than convenient. So it's back in the bag for the Mira.

all that matters is that the guitar survives!

Haha! I'm actually with ya on that!

Funny story; I was carrying one of my guitars down the stairs to my studio in its hard case, not wearing shoes. My socks must have been slippery, and I slipped, fell, and I went bouncing down the stairs on my rear end, back and elbows.

And I remember as I went tumbling down the stairs, consciously holding the guitar case away from my body and the stairs so that it wouldn't hit anything.
I still have the scars on my elbows and one forearm. I was bloodied. But the guitar and its case were completely undamaged! :rock:

Haha! I'm actually with ya on that!

Funny story; I was carrying one of my guitars down the stairs to my studio in its hard case, not wearing shoes. My socks must have been slippery, and I slipped, fell, and I went bouncing down the stairs on my rear end, back and elbows.

And I remember as I went tumbling down the stairs, consciously holding the guitar case away from my body and the stairs so that it wouldn't hit anything.
I still have the scars on my elbows and one forearm. I was bloodied. But the guitar and its case were completely undamaged! :rock:

my point EXACTLY sir! (lol)

Back