12/22/15 forum upgrade talk

Just saw the RSS link on the main forums page - that's a nice touch. Not that I'll likely use it, but it's a nice way to get the feeds.

And I'll miss the recent activity page - Justrob just got me using that in the past two months!

There's a "Recent Posts" link at the topish left

James, I can see Hunters attached thumbnails which turn into bigger pics once selected.

Yeah, the vids are showing up too.

It will take a bit getting use to the new forum software, but not that long.
I am just use to VB since that is what I run on my forum, and many other camping, Toyota, and off road forums I am on use.

I know it can be hard setting up a forum after a complete switch over to different software, kudos to all of your hard work and for the others involved in the move.

Still have not found the quote link, maybe it is something I need to turn on in my CP.

James, I can see Hunters attached thumbnails which turn into bigger pics once selected.
Yes, that's a bit of a downer to have to click on each pic rather than just scrolling thru the thread and having them there full size.

OMG! It's like somebody broke into my house while I was asleep and rearranged all my furniture! My friends are all here, yup... there's my sofa... wait... anybody see my champagne bucket?

New house, new look...

I find it very encouraging that PRS continues to invest in this Forum. It says so much about the company and how much they want to stay connected with their customers and keep them happy.

Many, many cudos to PRS for providing this home for us.

A toast to Paul and the whole gang at PRS!

Edit to say: I found MY edit button... and it's a good thing 'cause I really, really need it!

Yes, that's a bit of a downer to have to click on each pic rather than just scrolling thru the thread and having them there full size.

I believe the developers made that the default behavior because you know when you quote a post with a bunch of images and you have to see the same images multiple times? that's no good. i think we can find a happy medium, though. i'll post here when I come up with a solution.

Hey, yep, no edit button.
I miss spelled Gramma as Gamma in this new thread, and I cannot correct it.
http://forums.prsguitars.com/thread...x-23-x-1-3-4-inches-isolation-platform.16129/

ok. i'll look into it. should be solve tomorrow.

So, is there a new protocol for posting pics, videos, etc., or the same as the previous forum software?

we're still not allowing attachments (we'd be happy to, but there are legal reasons we can't). let me grab a random image off the web...

montille.jpg

ok, so images:

just find the image on the web or your photo hosting service, grab the url and click the image icon in your reply toolbar. enter the URL and it should work

for video, the film strip icon says

You may embed media from the following sites:

You should be able to copy the URL's from those sites and simply paste them in the field that appears when you click the video icon

So how do I change my "new member" status?

if you hover over your name in the top right, you should have an option to edit your Custom Title, Signature and other parameters.

Please let me know if you can't

Tell us about the trophies!
Yeah, whattup wit dat? I got an email saying I get one but it never showed up.
I'll get used to the new site (looks fresh & new) but what's the trophy for?..........being a musical fossil and drum machine hater?

You should be able to add your electric guitars, acoustics, amplifiers and effects to your profile now. this might be helpful for someone reading your posts/opinions to understand where you're coming from. this might be easier for some of us than others....

Yeah, whattup wit dat? I got an email saying I get one but it never showed up.
I'll get used to the new site (looks fresh & new) but what's the trophy for?..........being a musical fossil and drum machine hater?

it's an achievement/reward system...it can be whatever we want. for example:

500 posts award
received x number of "likes" award

it's just a user feedback/user engagement system, but we can have some fun with it

I don't see the Activity Stream option. Am I just not looking in the right place, or is that gone?

Ooops! Just saw that Alan mentioned it too. I'm lost here. This is going to take some practice. :)

I don't see the Activity Stream option. Am I just not looking in the right place, or is that gone?

there's a New Posts link at the top and a New Posts widget in the sidebar. let me know if they're not appearing for you

Back