10 Top Stamp. When did PRS start this?

DaveP

Wherever you go, that's where you are.
I was wondering if anyone could tell me the approximate date or serial number range that PRS started putting the "10" on the back of the headstocks?
According to the 4/15/1986 price list this was not an option. It wasn't until the 3/15/1987 price list came out that this was offered as an option.

My question is: Is it possible to have an early serial number from 1987 that was a 10 top but just not identified? My serial for my CU24 is 7 23xx.

Is it possible to have an early serial number from 1987 that was a 10 top but just not identified? My serial for my CU24 is 7 23xx.
I've seen a few. Check the pickup cavity.

If you have an 87 with a great top, the "10" designation doesn't matter. It's an 87 with a great top!

I agree, if it looks great then it doesn't matter. I checked the PU cavity and all that was there is the pentagram. No other reference to 10-Top.
It looks good to me.

Thanks, I may have to sell my 2013 Les Paul R9 to pay for it but i will wait and see it I can get it in under my wife's radar. haha
I was surprised I was the only bidder. I think the seller was to. He seemed kind of bummed.
Great guitar, weighs just over 8lbs, as mint as I have seen. No issues or fretwear at all. The Brazilian board is really dark and feels like ebony.

Back