1 Greenback with MT 15?

You can blow any speaker up. That little 15w amp, though, has a bunch of grunt for its size. A 25w greenback is probably the wrong match for that amp, but if you don’t get crazy, it should work fine.

I’ve pushed a pair of Greenbacks pretty hard with my 50 watts HX/DAs with no ill effects yet, but I don’t run the volumes wide open either. As @Boogie notes, the MT15 can likely get near or even above the Greenbacks rating, so I wouldn’t run it maxed out. If you like the tone of the speaker, it would work great with a little self-control on the volume knobs. ;)

You might also consider the 65 watt Creamback. No worries there, and still has that G12ish sound.

I have one of the neo cream backs… excellent sound.. light .. and would easily take the amps output :)

Local Craigslist has one for $50!
If the MT 15 is too much for it I might put it in my Peavey Bravo, which might match it better, but I need to at least hear it in the MT 15 :)

I do know from reading on this forum that the MT 15 can be made to sound a bit more Marshally....

Local Craigslist has one for $50!
If the MT 15 is too much for it I might put it in my Peavey Bravo, which might match it better, but I need to at least hear it in the MT 15 :)

I do know from reading on this forum that the MT 15 can be made to sound a bit more Marshally....
Hard to miss at that price if it’s in working condition.

Back