1-25-16

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ
Not exactly sure why I'm posting this. I guess cause I consider you guys my friends and maybe just need to say something. Since it regards today, my PS and my dad.

Today would've been my dad's 70th birthday. It's also my 20th year playing PRS(as you may know). My dad and I discovered PRS together at a music store here in the mid 90's. When I had my PS built, I asked for it to be dated today as a small tribute to him since we found PRS together. I played the guitar for a few hours and even wrote something new on it. Usually I don't get overly bummed out on his birthday but today I was feeling it. He always supported me and my music and I'll always be thankful for that. He's been gone almost 19 years now. I called my mom and she came for lunch today. It was her first time seeing the guitar in person. She didn't know about me having his birthday put on the back of the headstock until I showed it to her. She loved the guitar. Her favorite color is blue. I think the quilt top amazed her as well. She lightly ran her finger across the top probably thinking she'd feel the peaks of the quilt that pop so vibrantly. So while I've been pretty sad today, it also was a good day seeing my mom and enjoying my new guitar.

Thank you to JFB for pushing me to do the build, Rob for putting me up, Brian for facilitating and being so great during the process, providing the ultimate experience and getting the guitar to me and PRS...the whole private stock team for building me the guitar of my dreams. And of course, my dad, for supporting me and feeding hunger for music and gear.

4E44E12A-848C-4B61-9342-BE5C8E2083B3_zpsyl9b1rtc.jpg

Wow man. Great way to honor your dad. Very glad I got to be a part of it. Thanks for sharing.

This guitar is so smoking AND it's got an amazing story. Simply doesn't get any better.

Great tribute Vaughn. It means so much to us all, to have that person that encourages and supports our music, whether we're professionals or weekend warriors. Hope the guitar always brings you good memories!

Thank you so much for sharing your personal story and feelings. This is very touching and inspiring too. Sharing such a passion with your dad/son ... I can't imagine anything better in the world.

Thanks for sharing Vaughn. Touching story that made me more than a little misty (my dad's been gone for 30 years). Great that he was part of your formative musical years, and that you paid a fitting tribute on your PS.

Not to sound corny, but, hugs to you bro

Beautiful tribute Vaughn...I'm sure your dad is smiling. Amazing guitar cherish and enjoy it.

Amazing, touching story. I'm sure you'll always cherish that guitar and the memories it conjures. Also very fitting that you had such a special experience during your build.

My Dad always supported my music as well. When I was in high school I used to sneak the schools bass amp home on Fridays then dad and I would play to records. Mom would get pissed about the noise and bang on the register with the broom handle! She was our analog drum machine!

Thanks everyone. I try not to post a bunch of overly personal stuff here, but felt like this is something that I wanted to because it's really important to me. Anyway, my apologies that it's a little on the "heavy" side.

Thanks everyone. I try not to post a bunch of overly personal stuff here, but felt like this is something that I wanted to because it's really important to me. Anyway, my apologies that it's a little on the "heavy" side.
I don't want to speak for everyone, but no apologies necessary. It made me think back to my youth and remember fond times. Something I probably don't do enough of, or do less of, as I age. Thanks!

Back