'07 Prs Artist 2 Hollobody

martinlb

Hi,

This is my first time on here. I've been a lover of PRS guitars for a long time. Which is part of my problem, sort of.

I've got an Artist 2 hollobody that from the serial number I believe is an '07. I'm thinking about selling it. I never play it and it's too nice a guitar to just sit, I think.

I took it to a local guitar shop and their guy looked it over for me and was great to talk with. One thing he brought up, though, surprises me. He said it's not a 10 Top due to the "10" not being on the back of the headstock.

I've always thought it was a 10 Top as part of being in the Artist series. Do any of you know anything about this? It's been so long since I've bought it I'm fuzzy on the details.

The serial number is 7119317 if that's any help. Actually, that's the serial number regardless of whether it's any help, but you know what I mean.

I don’t believe 10 was ever written on Artist Guitars. In the hierarchy of PRS, Artist was better than 10.
Thank you for the clarification and for clearing up what I thought I'd got when I bought it.

I only remember the words artist 2 and hollowbody. I'm unable to say what the sequence was. Could well be the later - it's a hollowbody for sure. Seems it was not an Artist 2.

As soon as i can I'll post pics!

Since it's a 2007, it HAS to be a a Hollowbody II (the "Artist II was made in the mid 90's). The II means both the top and back are maple...

And yes the "Artist Package" was available on that guitar.

It is typically identified by having a rosewood overlay with a Paua inlay PRS signature on the headstock and and Paua birds, gold hardware.

The Artist Package will not have a "10" written on the back of the headstock, since they are considered better than a "10"...

They "go to 11"...

You are definitely better off selling it private through something like Reverb or even try your local Craigslist rather than at a dealer as you will lose a fair amount of dollars at a dealer.
Especially as it seems this dealer did not know the distinction between a 10 top and Artist....

But it is definitely a very pretty guitar which I would think should sell fairly easily if you are mind made up to sell.

You are definitely better off selling it private through something like Reverb or even try your local Craigslist rather than at a dealer as you will lose a fair amount of dollars at a dealer.
Especially as it seems this dealer did not know the distinction between a 10 top and Artist....

But it is definitely a very pretty guitar which I would think should sell fairly easily if you are mind made up to sell.
I am if I can find the right buyer. I've got to look around (I can't do research since I'm not qualified to and don't have a lab) and get a better idea of what I should reasonably ask without shorting myself.

This isn't a run of the mill guitar and it's in pretty much perfect condition except for one of the screws holding the battery door in place havinh gone missing. I've got a replacement assembly from PRS but haven't put it on.

Can any of you give me an idea what I should ask for it?

Look at Reverb prices.
Yep. I was also hoping to get feedback from people here. This is an especially qualified group of folks not all of whom might be on Reverb.

Come to think of it I'm not optimistic about many of these being listed.

Back