'07 CU24 or '90 CE24?

I would lean to the less expensive one as they are both nice looking, assuming they both feel nice in the hand. That 300 bucks would buy a nice set of pickups or some other gear to go with it.

Hey, ya'll. I'm the fella sergio is plugging. To be honest, I'm surprised by all the comments coming in so quickly. Hell of a forum! I'd already sorta had my mind made up (CE) before I asked. I just wanted some clearer heads weighing in. Buying new gear always makes me indecisive and marginally psychotic.

For what it's worth, it's not all metal for me, but a lot....trying to branch out, y'know?

Yeah Buddy!!!!!!!

Hey, ya'll. I'm the fella sergio is plugging. To be honest, I'm surprised by all the comments coming in so quickly. Hell of a forum! I'd already sorta had my mind made up (CE) before I asked. I just wanted some clearer heads weighing in. Buying new gear always makes me indecisive and marginally psychotic.

For what it's worth, it's not all metal for me, but a lot....trying to branch out, y'know?
Welcome dude! My vote is for the Custom (so I can buy the CE :p)... Go the CE man, if you don't like it, the market is always there for an Alder CE.

This forum does indeed rock, I should tell you I'm Australian so you're even further impressed!

I'd personally go custom. I prefer the neck as I'm not a fan of bolt on necks. That's just me though .

Welcome to the forum!

I would get the CE, in your case. It will be further from a LP than the CU24.

My first PRS was a CU24, but I already had a LP and a Strat, and I honestly didn't know about CE24s...I just wanted the same guitar Steven Wilson from Porcupine Tree was playing (except I wanted 24 frets...I'd never had a 24 fret guitar before).

If the CE doesn't really suit your needs, you can probably flip it for close to your purchase price and spend a bit more and get a CU24.

If the CU is anything like the one I just got it is nothing like a Les Paul , I have played Sergio's CE great guitar
I do like the CU better

Welcome to the forum.
I'm surprising myself a bit by saying: CE. It looks really good and you can buy a CU24,anytime when you realize one PRS isn't enough.

I pulled the trigger on the CE. Beer really nullifies indecision and makes pressing "buy now" buttons easy... Thanks, beer! You too, Sergio and forum ladies and gents!

I'm really amped right now.

I pulled the trigger on the CE. Beer really nullifies indecision and makes pressing "buy now" buttons easy... Thanks, beer! You too, Sergio and forum ladies and gents!

I'm really amped right now.

Pix when it arrives!

Of course! Since buying two guitars at once would be ridiculous, it's still available on ebay for "buy it now @ $1599".

Heh, a friend of mine had recently played a couple of my PRSi, because he was on the hunt for a 24-fret non-Gibson guitar (he likes strats, so PRS CU24s fit his idea of the right guitar shape).

He went on a road trip to try out a couple of guitars available at a particular guitar store - a Schecter and a PRS SE CU24. He couldn't decide which one he liked more, they were both great...so he bought both.

So...maybe ridiculous, but it happens!

Wow! Roped into the forum and a first PRS purchase in under 24hrs.... Gotta be a new record. Congrats halasghost!

Congrats on the CE! My choice would have been the CU but you can't go wrong either way.

Heh, a friend of mine had recently played a couple of my PRSi, because he was on the hunt for a 24-fret non-Gibson guitar (he likes strats, so PRS CU24s fit his idea of the right guitar shape).

He went on a road trip to try out a couple of guitars available at a particular guitar store - a Schecter and a PRS SE CU24. He couldn't decide which one he liked more, they were both great...so he bought both.

So...maybe ridiculous, but it happens!

"Ridiculous" doesn't mean I don't approve.

Wow! Roped into the forum and a first PRS purchase in under 24hrs.... Gotta be a new record. Congrats halasghost!

Do they give prizes for that? An amp or pickups, maybe?

Congrats on the CE! My choice would have been the CU but you can't go wrong either way.

Plenty of time for a CU so long as the CE slays like I think it does.

Back