【デジマート製品レビュー】Paul Reed Smith / SE Kestrel Bass

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
First non PRS made video I have found of the SE Kestrel bass.
Was searching for new Kingfisher ones, but there are none except for PRS's and the one I made.

And why is it in a lot of guitar videos they always cut off the head?
Are they afraid to show their mugs?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is Shawn, sounds great.
You know how much I dig my Kingfisher.
You guys did a great job with the new SE basses, I am super impressed with it.

That sounds great, Corey - where is your Kingfisher vid?

That sounds great, Corey - where is your Kingfisher vid?
It is not so much a demo of the bass, but more of the pedals on the new board I but for bass only.
On my mobile, so I only have the mobile link.

PRS SE Kingfisher Bass With A Few Pedals: http://youtu.be/HFXfI-o7RaA

I am going to make a new video hopefully this Saturday with no pedals, and using the Microcube bass amp.

It is not so much a demo of the bass, but more of the pedals on the new board I but for bass only.
On my mobile, so I only have the mobile link.

PRS SE Kingfisher Bass With A Few Pedals: http://youtu.be/HFXfI-o7RaA

I am going to make a new video hopefully this Saturday with no pedals, and using the Microcube bass amp.
Love that talking machine pedal - I might have to find one of those!

Love that talking machine pedal - I might have to find one of those!
Yeah, that was like my third pedal I bought when I got back into guitars a few years ago.
I also now have a TC Flashback pedal on the bass board, and an expression pedal that plugs into the Talking Machine.
I think the bigger Flashback X4 I have on my guitar board can take an expression pedal too.

The Talking Machine is a lot of fun using it with the bass.
Some of the sounds it makes sounds like someone is talking, especially the "Jerry Jerry Jerry" one.

I think it would be cool to use the Talking Machine pedal to do the lead part in Rocky Mountain Way where Joe Walsh uses the Talk Box.

Can only speak for myself, though I suspect it's the same for a lot...

I have one camera that I setup for vids. Generally people want to concentrate on the guitar - particularly when I do lessons - so I frame the guitar in the shot but that means I lose my head and lower body when I maximise the space the guitar takes up. Widescreen is great for horizontally placed things such as guitar but less so for horizontal things such as a person. Ways round that are using two cams, having someone work the camera or stopping and zooming in or out for any talking bits. The latter is a ball ache, particularly when it comes to editing. Sometimes people may prefer a touch of anonymity or they feel les pressured, but it's just habit for me to set the camera up to get as much of the guitar as possible whilst cutting down on hours of tedious editing. This guy is using at least two cams by the look of it or it's multi takes with one, so I do't know his reasoning other than he just wanted to focus on that sweet looking bass! :)

Cheers for sharing this Corey! I do need a good bass but I'm still hankering after that Sapphire Bernie despite trying to talk myself out of it. None anywhere near where I live... Probably a good thing!

Back