★ Modern Eagle MEGA Thread ★

That top is amazing but the headstock wood…. Is the rest of the board that pretty?
Modern Eagle Quatro, photographed by my friend David Campbell (who's even better at playing guitar than taking pictures!):

2014-01-26-0092_psd.jpg

2014-01-26-0091_psd.jpg

2014-01-26-0069_psd.jpg

^^^ That MEQ is no case queen - I pulled it out for this whacked electric version of an acoustic song I wrote and played this year.

Took the MEQ down a full step to D standard and ran it through a Deja Vibe with sludgey drummage.

=K
That sounded awesome! Very nice work!

Oh, and I don't have any pics of an ME to display, because I do not have an ME. :(

But I do have one on order, and maybe it will get delivered to my dealer, and then to me, eventually! :)

Truly spectacular, guys/gals/people of indeterminate gender/people who don't want their gender known/ and alien beings without genders.

I hope that covers everyone...

The guitars are gorgeous.

"Doesn't cover everyone, Les, this stuff changes every frickin' day."

"That's why I'm so confused. A friend of mine was talking about one of her friends as 'they'. Hell no I didn't ask!

I mean, if it's classified, it's classified, and I'm good with it.

Last edited:
OK, I didn't catch the ration of crap that I was kinda fishing for in my puny prior posts. Ah well.

Without further ado, here are some betterer photos to please Hans (truth be told, I think his are nicer).

There may be better Modern Eagles, but this one is mine. It's a first run, 2006 build date. The neck is a milk chocolate brown, smooth as silk. The fretboard and headstock have some pretty wild figuring to them, these photos make it look like the surface of the fretboard is kind of a moonscape. It's really not that lumpy, though the grain is quite open.

I've retrofitted this one with 59/09 pickups (love em!) and lampshade knobs. The color is Slate, not as iconic as Faded Blue Jean, but I love this color on this top.

me-2022-open-case.png

me-2022-body-doily.png

me-2022-rw-character.png

me-2022-repose-doily.png
Stunning!!!

Back