★ Modern Eagle MEGA Thread ★

OK, I didn't catch the ration of crap that I was kinda fishing for in my puny prior posts. Ah well.

Without further ado, here are some betterer photos to please Hans (truth be told, I think his are nicer).

There may be better Modern Eagles, but this one is mine. It's a first run, 2006 build date. The neck is a milk chocolate brown, smooth as silk. The fretboard and headstock have some pretty wild figuring to them, these photos make it look like the surface of the fretboard is kind of a moonscape. It's really not that lumpy, though the grain is quite open.

I've retrofitted this one with 59/09 pickups (love em!) and lampshade knobs. The color is Slate, not as iconic as Faded Blue Jean, but I love this color on this top.

me-2022-open-case.png

me-2022-body-doily.png

me-2022-rw-character.png

me-2022-repose-doily.png

OK, I didn't catch the ration of crap that I was kinda fishing for in my puny prior posts. Ah well.

Without further ado, here are some betterer photos to please Hans (truth be told, I think his are nicer).

There may be better Modern Eagles, but this one is mine. It's a first run, 2006 build date. The neck is a milk chocolate brown, smooth as silk. The fretboard and headstock have some pretty wild figuring to them, these photos make it look like the surface of the fretboard is kind of a moonscape. It's really not that lumpy, though the grain is quite open.

I've retrofitted this one with 59/09 pickups (love em!) and lampshade knobs. The color is Slate, not as iconic as Faded Blue Jean, but I love this color on this top.

me-2022-open-case.png

me-2022-body-doily.png

me-2022-rw-character.png

me-2022-repose-doily.png
That’s beautiful!

me-2022-open-case.png

me-2022-body-doily.png

me-2022-rw-character.png

me-2022-repose-doily.png
DUDE.

I THINK SLATE WITH AMBER KNOBS ALONE IS ONE OF THE BEST-LOOKING FINISHES OUT THERE. BUT WITH THAT BRAZILIAN WAVE AND 25TH ANNIVERSARY EAGLE? FML. TMM. OMG.

I always thought those 2012 ME1s were are great score: OG woods from the 2005 time frame, plus the updated hardware and pickups!

I only have one ME1 with RP pups. All the others were switched out (mostly 59/09s with original RPs in the case pockets).

Last edited:
The fretboard and headstock have some pretty wild figuring to them, these photos make it look like the surface of the fretboard is kind of a moonscape.

me-2022-rw-character.png

I‘m a huge fan of that figuring in BRW. I sent some similar fret board blanks to PRS for PS builds, but that’s the best fret board I’ve seen on a ME1. Beautiful.

Back