“Trophy Points”

I thought we got trophy points for posting a lot, so I posted a LOT and didn't get any more points.
I thought we get trophy points for being nice to others, so I was kind and considerate of all forum members. Nothing.
So I thought we got trophy points for making valuable contributions to the forum, so I started posting pics of Julie Bowen. Still nothing.
Then I looked at the cross section of people here...
Some have over a hundred PRS guitars. Some had none.
Some have thousands of posts. Some very few.
Some have thousands of "likes." Some, very few.
Some are kind and friendly to all. Some are rude, obnoxious and insulting to others.
Some have even stolen PRSh's car. Most have not.
And yet, we all have 1 trophy point. So, it sure sounds to me like a "participation trophy" point. Being a jock all my life, I don't like participation trophies, so I hereby denounce my trophy point and transfer it to 11top so he can get a white Westie. All in favor, say "dillie dillie."

I thought we got trophy points for posting a lot, so I posted a LOT and didn't get any more points.
I thought we get trophy points for being nice to others, so I was kind and considerate of all forum members. Nothing.
So I thought we got trophy points for making valuable contributions to the forum, so I started posting pics of Julie Bowen. Still nothing.
Then I looked at the cross section of people here...
Some have over a hundred PRS guitars. Some had none.
Some have thousands of posts. Some very few.
Some have thousands of "likes." Some, very few.
Some are kind and friendly to all. Some are rude, obnoxious and insulting to others.
Some have even stolen PRSh's car. Most have not.
And yet, we all have 1 trophy point. So, it sure sounds to me like a "participation trophy" point. Being a jock all my life, I don't like participation trophies, so I hereby denounce my trophy point and transfer it to 11top so he can get a white Westie. All in favor, say "dillie dillie."
Ok, I'll spill the beans. You get a trophy point for posting your first message on the Forum. As far as I can tell, there is nothing you can do to get more.

Back