“Sweet switch” using push pull

mrk691

Hi. I’m interested in getting the effect of PRS “sweet switch” but in the format of push pull tone control.
Does anyone know if that’s possible? Any idea where to get the parts? Any schematics?

Possible? Yes.

Parts/schematics? No. I had two put in my PS build. They're in the tone pots. One advantage of this over the old toggle switch is the tone knob is still functional when the sweet switch is on, which I hadn't anticipated.

The switch was not the requirement, it was the electrical component soldered to the switch that was needed. So you can solder that component to a push pull instead of a switch and bingo, you are in. A number of years ago I got a wild hair and converted an SE Cu24 to the original 80's Cu24. I put in original HFS/Vintage pups, a rotary, and the sweet switch. It was a fun project. I tell you this to say that you can research what that component was. I have it somewhere but that was 2 computers ago and I'm not sure where it is now. I could probably find the sweet switch quicker. It's in a drawer somewhere.

Hi. I’m interested in getting the effect of PRS “sweet switch” but in the format of push pull tone control.
Does anyone know if that’s possible? Any idea where to get the parts? Any schematics?

A pull-up 'sweet switch' was stock on the tone control for my 30th Anniversary PS CU24 (was a small run of guitars), so yes, it can absolutely be done. Problem is, I have no idea how!

Why not contact PRS' PTC? They might be able to install one.

Link to the manufacturer's website no longer worked in that thread, here it is:
https://www.datadelay.com/copy-of-frequency-multipliers
The part number is 1513-135Y, so click on "Fixed passive SIP delay line 1513" to get the spec sheet:
https://0916d893-7fc9-4aeb-9ef1-94e...d/8d75f4_4bfd51793008492eab211c58977ebc9e.pdf

Wiring seems simple. The push pull would be connected to the hot wire going to the jack; when up you'd insert the in/out to that path, when down it'd be just the normal connection (wire).
Worth double checking with PRS.

Last edited:
@docteurseb is right, that looks like the one I found. The story on the sweet switch is that Santana wanted to get the tone he heard when he was connected to his amp with a 50 ft. cable even when he wasn't using one that long. The line delay was what he was hearing. PRSH just added a little delay with the switch.

Great job Doc!

Back