“PRS” on 12th Fret?

Is the width of the inlay wider than a standard 12th fret bird inlay? If so it could have been routed and installed by an independent party.
Just to make life easier for everyone who's curious...

8MOrBHw.jpg
1Ze9D2R.jpg

IcNZk0R.jpg
Af25pzn.jpg

an Ed Roman hack job explains it... you can definitely see the moon inlay outline under the owl at the 24th...

Looking the rest of the pics, I think that is a replacement neck. The tuner alignment is wrong.

Got any pics of the front of the headstock?

It has been refunded. Bought a 91 ce24 this morning. All original and ed hasn’t ever had his hands on it lol. Lesson learned. If it looks funny or you have any questions... contact PRS. I will say this about the seller. He aaa a good guy who gave me back the money as soon as he saw my messages. Good dude to work with. But I just couldn’t own something with that much done to it. Who knows how well it was done. Read too many horror stories about ED modified PRS guitars. Some guys swear it made them better but most were bad reviews. Mostly about Ed’s personality and crappy business ethics. Can own something that a dishonest man had there hands on. Got lucky with a 91’ owned by the same owner for 15 years. Very well taken care of and in the color I wanted. Sent in photos to PRS cause the serial number was an in between. Placed it at 91’ to 92’. Had PRS confirm the guitar. It is indeed a 91’ and there were a few that were in the cusp of being a 92’. They confirmed through photos and serial number. Also confirmed it was a legitimate PRS and not to worry at all.

Looking the rest of the pics, I think that is a replacement neck. The tuner alignment is wrong.

Got any pics of the front of the headstock?

Yeah I researched and sent photos to PRS. The guitar is definitely tampered with. Massively in fact. Nothing added up with it. That’s why I backed out.

There looked to be some spalting in the grain of the neck as well. I was actually told by PRS to be careful and that it was a good move on not purchasing it. I’ve owned lots but never heard of Ed Roman. Shows how much I have to learn about the history of these guitars. I’ve owned many CE24 a few Mcarty, a Custom 24 and a swamp ash. Never got in to the history of things though. Always purchased locally so I could try before I buy. Ordering offline is a new one for me.

ahhh Ed Roman... the dude who used to write in all caps on his website like a 15 year old on their first internet adventure?

He could out-trump Trump.

"You won't believe how GOOD these are. They are SO GOOD. I have so MANY customers, you won't believe HOW MANY CUSTOMERS I have. a MASSIVE ROCK STAR plays my stuff, I can't tell you who they are but they are a BIG ROCK STAR"

Actually I can see him on a rock in a cave like Gollumn in LOTR..

"silly PRS, what has it got in its pocketses? A heel joint from hell that's what, my heel joint is so much better, you won't believe how GOOD my HEEL joint IS"

Good move! Enjoy your new guitar!

It has been refunded. Bought a 91 ce24 this morning. All original and ed hasn’t ever had his hands on it lol. Lesson learned. If it looks funny or you have any questions... contact PRS. I will say this about the seller. He aaa a good guy who gave me back the money as soon as he saw my messages. Good dude to work with. But I just couldn’t own something with that much done to it. Who knows how well it was done. Read too many horror stories about ED modified PRS guitars. Some guys swear it made them better but most were bad reviews. Mostly about Ed’s personality and crappy business ethics. Can own something that a dishonest man had there hands on. Got lucky with a 91’ owned by the same owner for 15 years. Very well taken care of and in the color I wanted. Sent in photos to PRS cause the serial number was an in between. Placed it at 91’ to 92’. Had PRS confirm the guitar. It is indeed a 91’ and there were a few that were in the cusp of being a 92’. They confirmed through photos and serial number. Also confirmed it was a legitimate PRS and not to worry at all.

Back