ZACH MYERS SE SPALTED MAPLE AND TOBACCO SUNBURST BRIAN'S EXCLUSIVE!

Got mine from Brian today, got to pick from a handful and got lucky with a killer half straight flame half chevron top. All I saw were great, in fact I kept 'trading up' as he unpacked em but stopped when I saw the one I took. Pics will follow when I can.

Very nice!!!! I'll get a pic of my Spalted Brian's Ltd ZMSE later today. These are great guitars...don't think you can beat the value.

Here's mine. A lot of the spalted tops I've seen on these are very light. Mine is darker with a lot of interesting black zone lines...and very well book matched. There's even a little subtle flaming along the body edges. She got the obligatory change to locking tuners and strap locks already. I have a couple splittable #7's that I'll put in with some p/p pots once I have a chance to strip the gold plating off of them.

Last edited:
Dang Tosca, that looks amazing! I can only hope the one enroute to me looks anywhere near as interesting!

I posted this in the Elec Guitars "Show Off Your ZM" thread, but thought I'd add it here too, since it was one of these special runs:

A quick mobile phone photo of my Spalted Maple, arrived today:

ZMSpaltedBody20140909_152255fixed_1024_zps678d52eb.jpg

Thanks for doing this, everyone at Brian's!

Last edited:
Very nice...I like the subtle flaming accross the center!!!! Brian is the man!!!

Does anybody know how many the Spalted maple is limited to?

I seemed to recall it was a total of 25 each for Spalted and Tobacco. Other retailers have typically done limited runs of 25.

The photo that Brian posted of the shipment out front of the store shows what looks like to me to be 50 boxes - I would assume, given no other data, that the pallet is the entire shipment. Which backs up my faded recollection.

Finished tricking out my ZM SE...with a little help from PTC. Differences are cosmetically subtle (see "before" above) but significantly improve the tone and versatility (for my tastes anyway). Locking Gotoh's, strap locks, USA nut/set-up with 10's, chrome covered #7's (after I stripped off the gold plating), coil splits on respective volume controls for each pickup. A whole lotta guitar for around 1K.

How do you like those lockers? Can you show a pic of the part that shows on top, want to see how they look. What part number are they?
Gotoh SD90-MG. Direct drop in replacement without modification. Nearly indistinguishable visually except for slot at top of peg to release locking cam. I like 'em. Plastic tuner button is a little less green too (a plus IMO).

Thanks for that, next mod on my list. Just threw in some new pups. SD JB in the bridge and an Alnico II in the neck. Seems to be a good pair so far. I think I want a new volume pot too, I prefer the easy spin of the USA pots.

Back