Zach Myers SE QC issues

I have some tuning issues on mine as well. I dont feel that my nut-swapping skills are up to par(Yes, I see what I did there) so as for now i will be trying a different string and just "dealing with it", which pisses me off due to the fact that My main argument in favor of PRS is their tuning stability.

Side note, how can i get my type not to be so bold?

Thank you for your kind words EAAG - I truly appreciate it and you followed what I was getting at.

Ruger - sorry but we just don't see eye to eye and so it's best if we just end our discussion as it's not worth raising my blood pressure over and so I'm going to let it be before it gets any more heated on my part or yours.

Just to avoid any further trouble, if the mods want to close this thread, they have my blessing. :)

Austin,

There is no malice or anger or heat or high blood pressure on this end. And it was not my intention to give you any.

There has been no trouble at all as far as I'm concerned. Just two guys who see things differently. It happens.

Austin,

There is no malice or anger or heat or high blood pressure on this end. And it was not my intention to give you any.

There has been no trouble at all as far as I'm concerned. Just two guys who see things differently. It happens.

Cheers!

I just bought my first PRS a few weeks ago, a 2017 Zach Myers SE (trampas green). The guitar itself is fantastic - fit and finish are terrific, no build issues (fret ends/glue/etc) to speak of whatsoever. I swapped out the stock pickups for a few Duncans and it sounds amazing. The only issue I'm having with it is buzzing, primarily on the high E. I did some setup work on it myself and brought it back to the dealer I bought it from and had them look at it as well - the set up is all fine, but I'm still getting buzzing. After reading this and other threads I'm starting to wonder if the stock nut is the issue. Having said that if I swap out the nut and that solves the problem I will be very, VERY happy with this guitar. Again everything else about it seems to be great, and with the new pickups I wouldn't be afraid to put it toe-to-toe w/any USA model.

Many will say the weak link on the SE is in the nut. I've put Core nuts on both of my SE's. If I get another, it would be the first thing I change....as soon as I got it home.

I will give a 'ditto' to bodia's statement.

I love the SE range, and had owned lots of them. I currently own 2, and each one had a Core nut installed within minutes of unboxing them. Vast improvement for little time, and little cost.

Fun, too!!!

I just bought my first PRS a few weeks ago, a 2017 Zach Myers SE (trampas green). The guitar itself is fantastic - fit and finish are terrific, no build issues (fret ends/glue/etc) to speak of whatsoever. I swapped out the stock pickups for a few Duncans and it sounds amazing. The only issue I'm having with it is buzzing, primarily on the high E. I did some setup work on it myself and brought it back to the dealer I bought it from and had them look at it as well - the set up is all fine, but I'm still getting buzzing. After reading this and other threads I'm starting to wonder if the stock nut is the issue. Having said that if I swap out the nut and that solves the problem I will be very, VERY happy with this guitar. Again everything else about it seems to be great, and with the new pickups I wouldn't be afraid to put it toe-to-toe w/any USA model.
Changing the nut is fairly easy if you know what you're doing. I've usually had the PTC do it because it's so close (although it's been getting farther away in terms of "distance I'm willing to drive on a whim"), but I've got a lot of SEs, and I haven't needed to do it on all of them, but I think if I ever have to do another one, I'll do it myself.

I say, do it!

So an odd twist: first off I have changed nuts before, and this morning I ordered one for this guitar. But after work I was checking things over and noticed that the saddle for the high E in the bridge is a little loose. I now suspect that this is what's causing the buzzing so I'm having the dealer give me a replacement bridge to see if that solves the issue. If it does I'll probably hang on to the extra nut and install it at some point down the road.

Back