Your Thoughts On A Trade....McCarty For Ce22

Talking about GAS and trades... Just saw your ex-McCarty pop up for sale online. I still think you made a good deal considering the condition and how much you seem to like it.

You should treat it as a keeper for a while :)

Yeah, the guy I swapped with was a drummer..the story on this guitar is I got this last year thru a few trades, traded to him for a Wolfgang..and then he put it underneath his bed. After I got the McCarty I realized it wasn't for me (I've had several McCartys that I really liked, but not this one!) so I emailed him (because of my GAS, I keep all emails on trades!) and asked if he wanted to trade...I basically I told him he'd probably get a bit more out of the McCarty so we swapped. I got back a guitar that I had liked which is more inline with my style, lost a bit on value..but gained a lot in need. I really wanted a Swiss army guitar..something I could get a strat/tele tone and something I could get a good rock tone on..and I like e Dragons a. It more when coil tapped than the McCartys.

Wow, that's beautiful! I generally like the less figured tops on the CEs more than what you'd find on a Custom. That one is perfect! The color is fantastic too.

I also like D2 neck pickups. It was the 1st neck humbucker I ever liked.

Wow, that's beautiful! I generally like the less figured tops on the CEs more than what you'd find on a Custom. That one is perfect! The color is fantastic too.

I also like D2 neck pickups. It was the 1st neck humbucker I ever liked.

Thanks man...I have played a ton over the last few days..this guitar for its age...feels unplayed. Needs to be broken like a wild horse!

Back