Your first live concert?

1973, Bowie Hammersmith Odeon.
My Parents would've lynched me if they'd Known at the time.!!!

That must've been amazing! Wow...

A sad side note: I was originally planning to go to Stevie Ray Vaughn's Friday, August 24th show (also in Kalamazoo at the County Fair) but I missed it due to freshman orientation at college. 3 days later, SRV would perish.

My friend had tickets for the Alpine Valley show (his final performance), and we decided not to go because we didn't feel like driving 3 hours each way. It's one of my all-time dumbest moves, I'll never get over it. :mad:

1988, Iron Maiden Seventh Son of a Seventh Son tour.
That gig changed my life forever.

Incredible tour, caught it in Chicago. :eek:

That must've been amazing! Wow...

My friend had tickets for the Alpine Valley show (his final performance), and we decided not to go because we didn't feel like driving 3 hours each way. It's one of my all-time dumbest moves, I'll never get over it. :mad:

Incredible tour, caught it in Chicago. :eek:

I was at the last show.....hence my email...srvfan90.... Lucky enough to see him 6 times.

I was at that Maiden show too!

I was at the last show.....hence my email...srvfan90.... Lucky enough to see him 6 times.

I was at that Maiden show too!

Rosemont! G&R was supposed to open and canceled... Megadeth replaced as the opener and had a tough night, I recall. We were main floor, about 15th row -- perfect distance to appreciate that killer set from the album art. I wanted that moment to last forever when they went into the title track and it flipped around. :cool:

Found a clip from the same tour:

I remember sitting on the college bus, holding the “Seventh Son of a Seventh Son” album, so excited to hear it.

Reading the lyrics, trying to imagine the melody of the song. Happy days!

Last edited:
AC/DC - Flick of the Switch Tour
December 9, 1983
Brendan Byrne Arena, East Rutherford, NJ
Fastway was the opener
(Google has a waayyyy better memory than me! :D)

This was my first arena show.
There were plenty of local shows before that.

Rosemont! G&R was supposed to open and canceled... Megadeth replaced as the opener and had a tough night, I recall. We were main floor, about 15th row -- perfect distance to appreciate that killer set from the album art. I wanted that moment to last forever when they went into the title track and it flipped around. :cool:

Found a clip from the same tour:

Ah man, that video just took me right back there!!! Hairs on end through the whole thing, thanks for sharing that, awesome.

'87 and '88, they have a lot to answer for musically! Seventh Son, Appetite GnR, 1987 Whitesnake and Hysteria Lep.
I've seen Maiden a few times since then, they never fail to bring the house down. I finally get tot see GnR this year at Download, Donnington England in June... 31 years later (saw Slash with Myles Kennedy in Canada a couple of years ago, that was epic). I've got tickets for the 30 year anniversary Hysteria tour at the end of this year O2, UK. And I met Whitesnake in a hotel once, but never got to see them live...not quite the same but jolly nice chaps! haha.

Right, i'm off to re-learn some late 80s rock!! \m/

Ah man, that video just took me right back there!!! Hairs on end through the whole thing, thanks for sharing that, awesome.

'87 and '88, they have a lot to answer for musically! Seventh Son, Appetite GnR, 1987 Whitesnake and Hysteria Lep.
I've seen Maiden a few times since then, they never fail to bring the house down. I finally get tot see GnR this year at Download, Donnington England in June... 31 years later (saw Slash with Myles Kennedy in Canada a couple of years ago, that was epic). I've got tickets for the 30 year anniversary Hysteria tour at the end of this year O2, UK. And I met Whitesnake in a hotel once, but never got to see them live...not quite the same but jolly nice chaps! haha.

Right, i'm off to re-learn some late 80s rock!! \m/
Is your avatar taken at the Brickmakers?

No, but what a cracking venue (assuming you mean Norwich?). That was somewhere in Oxfordshire, abut a million years ago, if i was home i'd bore you with more pics.
Yes I do, I use to gig there with Lee Vasey and a band I played in called “Scratch the Cat” also about a million years ago! (At least it feels like that).

Don't be embarrassed. I probably attended the same... the In The Pocket tour... I rawked their v-neck concert shirt for years after.

VmPnpak.jpg
Hey man we had the same hair AND I rocked a peach fuzz mustache too!:eek: I wasn't as cool though....I wasn't slappin da bass back then....so you trumped me on that part!;) awesome pic my brother!:D

First show...Styx...Capitol Centre, Largo, Maryland. (Grand Illusion tour, I think...'77 ish)I remember it snowed a bit and the guys I went with messed around and told me it was cancelled...bastids!!!!! Great show. Loved seeing that venue through the trees as you drove around 495.

Skynyrd!

Well, I am from Jacksonville so it's only natural. The first Freebird Festival. Was supposed to have been March 13, 1993, but was postponed due to the Storm of the Century. The rescheduled show was on a weeknight and my brother and I being teenagers had to leave in the middle of Skynyrd's set to make curfew.

I was a weird kid. I never listened to the radio or popular music. My first gig was a soloist guitarist - Tommy Emmanuel . 1991, for his "Determination" tour in Melbourne, Australia

It was summer arts festival when I was a little kid. They had a stage set up, and my parents felt the need to torture me by sitting on the lawn and watching a Laura Branigan concert. That is my first memory of live music. I will never get the sound of 'Gloria' out of my head.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if that experience resulted in many of my dysfunctions?

Kevin

Springfield, MA. Springfield Civic Center. 1980 Cheap Trick "Dream Police" tour. Can't remember who opened.
I almost saw them on this tour!

Alice In Chains - 1992, I think.
That's a helluva good way to start with concerts! It must have been amazing!

My first was the Texxas Jam in 1981 at the Houston Astrodome. One ticket of $50 got you an all day pass to see REO Speedwagon, Heart, Blue Öyster Cult, Foghat, The Rockets, and Bryan Adams.

I almost saw them on this tour!

That's a helluva good way to start with concerts! It must have been amazing!

My first was the Texxas Jam in 1981 at the Houston Astrodome. One ticket of $50 got you an all day pass to see REO Speedwagon, Heart, Blue Öyster Cult, Foghat, The Rockets, and Bryan Adams.
It was incredible. Show opened with a white curtain covering the stage with fishnet(more like rope) behind that. White lights shining behind. All you saw was shadows of the band. Layne was climbing the net when the white curtain dropped. Memorable for sure. I was in high school with all my band members and bros there.

Back