Your first live concert?

flux

594 & CU24
With all the recent topics about our influences and favorite players, revisiting this subject sounds like good fun. There's an existing thread from some years ago: First live concert?, but a new one seemed more appropriate.

I had fun recalling this, because as usual most people had a way cooler first live target than I. For the longest time, my "first concert" memory was of The Hooters opening up for Loverboy at Rosemont Horizon. I've now realized my memory was off, by a year and a half or so.

My first show was The Jacksons at Comiskey Park in October 1984. Now I feel a little better. :D

[Full disclosure: I wanted to see The Police on Synchronicity, had it been left up to me, but parental interference spoiled my plans.]

Palmer Auditorium, Davenport, Iowa (where I spent my first 20 years), 1981...,,April Wine with Uriah Heep opening. My buddies and I were bog April Wine fans, but had never heard of Uriah Heep. I remember we made so much fun of their name. Man, did they ever set us straight! Seriously rocked that place. Mick Box playing with one hand set me off! Little did I know how easy that is! But, it solidified my love for guitar, and set me on the path to ditch my sax for one!

My first live concert by a major act would have to be Mr. Mister opening for Heart at the Hampton Roads Colloseum in Virginia. 87 or 88 I think, it was for the Bad Animals Tour. General admission tickets, meant no seats on the floor and a mad rush for the fence. I think Ann was 8 month pregnant at the time, but still belted out a Hell of a show. I was still underage, but managed to sneak in 2 beers that a buddy gave me. Security was not the best back then.

Saturday 6th July 1991, maybe not my first, but most memorable!

A hot summers day at Milton Keynes Bowl, is pasty brits were dropping like flies, with sun burn. Some of the crowd were bandaged up in cling film and aloe vera!

Beer was cold, mmm.

Law - Paul Rodgers outfit of that time, I got to hear one of my vocal heroes singing “Alright Now”. I was over the moon. OK it wasn’t Free, but I was born in the wrong decade for that to have happened!

Thunder - another of my guilty pleasure of the late ‘80’s - ‘90’s!!

Bryan Adams - when the played “Run to You” and “Cuts like Knife”, I was right at the front. I swear he looked right at me. I so wanted to being singing along side him, even harmony!!

ZZ Top - well what can I say, “La Grange” was our anthem when we were in my friends garage (it was his Dad’s, but it felt like our domain), working on our beaten up cars. “Sharp dressed Man” ....

Heck you can even buy the original ticket for £12!! Haha!

1976, Elton John at the old Foxboro Stadium in MA. Two backup bands, John Miles of "High Fly" fame, and Dave Mason.

Same, July 21, 1976 at Market Square Arena. I remember seeing the full-page ad for it on the 4th of July in the Indianapolis Star, freaking out, and begging my dad about how it was only five bucks.

Hoping to get tickets for his farewell tour.

Same, July 21, 1976 at Market Square Arena. I remember seeing the full-page ad for it on the 4th of July in the Indianapolis Star, freaking out, and begging my dad about how it was only five bucks.

Hoping to get tickets for his farewell tour.
If you haven’t seen it, you need to watch Kingsman: The Golden Circle.

I think this is the show my Dad wouldn't let me go to!!:mad:

Nice! There were HUGE arguments at my house because I wanted to go see that tour. Some involving me allegedly telling my friend that I was allowed to go if he was allowed. Turns out he told his mother that I said that, which ended up getting me in trouble. Ultimately, my dad's friend said he'd go, and he took us. But that was my second concert.

First concert was 3 Doors Down in 2008...Was 13ish. Was pretty cool at the time. Slash, Bonamassa, and Tremonti have since shown me the light in live shows though Lol

I get the feeling I'm one of the younger people on this forum...;)

Back