Yet Another DG30 Experiment.

So, Les, with the downtime from having the HXDA in the shop, have you experimented with untapped options? Something like the HotG matched with the Lonestar - setup Andy Timmons style - with pedals...especially the BB Preamp and the Burnley? I can imagine hours of fun monkeying around with that combination.

So, Les, with the downtime from having the HXDA in the shop, have you experimented with untapped options? Something like the HotG matched with the Lonestar - setup Andy Timmons style - with pedals...especially the BB Preamp and the Burnley? I can imagine hours of fun monkeying around with that combination.

Yeah, I've been experimenting quite a bit, both with the DG30, and the Lone Star. On the DG30, I've been boosting the gain a little, and now I run the amp wide open in Normal mode, instead of using the master volume more in Boost mode. I think I like the tone a little better with the MV turned all the way up.

On the LS, I've gone to a less "pure" setup, switching in the MV that affects both channels (it also turns on the effects loop that I don't use), and switching the overdrive into "thick" mode. The amp sounds less good clean, but is a little warmer when switching to the lead channel.

I've been concentrating on tweaking the OCD, since that's what's currently on the board, and one reason is that it stacks very well with the KokoBoost and the KojiComp pedals. So that's been a mini-experiment unto itself.

I've also done a little bit of fussing with strings for the HOTG, and have decided to put the stock PRS strings back on. Seems to sound best with them so far.

But I miss the HXDA. Hopefully it'll be back soon.

I thought I read every post in the amp forum here. What's up with your HX/DA?

Yeah, I've been experimenting quite a bit, both with the DG30, and the Lone Star. On the DG30, I've been boosting the gain a little, and now I run the amp wide open in Normal mode, instead of using the master volume more in Boost mode. I think I like the tone a little better with the MV turned all the way up.

On the LS, I've gone to a less "pure" setup, switching in the MV that affects both channels (it also turns on the effects loop that I don't use), and switching the overdrive into "thick" mode. The amp sounds less good clean, but is a little warmer when switching to the lead channel.

I've been concentrating on tweaking the OCD, since that's what's currently on the board, and one reason is that it stacks very well with the KokoBoost and the KojiComp pedals. So that's been a mini-experiment unto itself.

I've also done a little bit of fussing with strings for the HOTG, and have decided to put the stock PRS strings back on. Seems to sound best with them so far.

But I miss the HXDA. Hopefully it'll be back soon.

Is the HDXA getting modded? On loan? Stolen?!?!

You're in my thoughts Les! :D

I thought I read every post in the amp forum here. What's up with your HX/DA?

Is the HDXA getting modded? On loan? Stolen?!?!

You're in my thoughts Les! :D

Nothing bad, guys! I had a tube go bad, and when it blew, it took out the internal fuses. I didn't feel comfortable pulling the chassis/poking around inside the amp, so I sent it in to be checked out.

All's well and it's headed back home today, should be here in a few days.

Back