Yes or No ??? Opinions needed

Andrew Paul

The cat's meow
Ok, I have to get this off my mind and by doing so I’ll be opening myself up to some ridicule, but I need to make the proper decision and be done with it. I purchased a 89 Cust24 with headstock signature, it must have spent some considerable time exposed to sun light over the years for the signature under the finish has faded quite a bit. I’ve been considering sending it to PTC for it get the headstock/neck refinish if Paul agrees to resign the headstock. My question should I? My gut tells me leave it alone, keep it original but I can’t help but wonder if the signature will disappear altogether. I keep my guitars in their cases when I’m not playing them so hopefully it won’t fade anymore for as long as I have it. Fire away and give me your options. Thanks.

jGjvYDY.jpg

Hand signed in 89 and faded is worth a lot more than re-signed in 18. Leave it alone. It probably won't fade much more and you can light it up with a black light if you need to show it off.

Leave it be. It is not faded that bad. looks natural. I have a hand signed limited from 2012. They did not come with any recognition of such. The distinguishing factors were the artist grade top, pearl,abalone birds in place of the dirty birds and his signature. Mine arrived with a decal instead of the sig go figure. PRS made good. We sent it back and they had to refinish the whole neck after he signed it. Mine was a new guitar so no big deal. Yours is not. Leave it be.

Don't change a thing...if case kept, shouldn't fade much more anyways. Looks great as is...

Back