Yes I'm Doing It Again...Son's Band on the BBC

So I found this link on my son's band's website, their band Partybaby is being talked about and played on the BBC. Not bad for an unknown band from LA...kinda cool to hear their music discussed - and appreciated - on radio across the pond:

Listen about 9 and a half minutes in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03hfz7h

That is seriously cool. Great song. I expect to see party baby on the Jools Holland show.

I'm pretty excited for his band. They're really moving along quickly. The tour last month opening for The Academy Is was a success; they've gotten good reviews from magazines and industry folks after playing showcases in NYC; they're playing South By Southwest in a showcase next month; they're headlining in LA on Tuesday at a good venue...

The best part? I've hung out with them a fair amount, and they're super-nice -- and I'm not only referring to my son.

I think it's not bad for where they are...you can't even buy their singles, they're streaming-only on Apple Music or Apple Radio, pending release of the full-length, and when that's gonna happen I have no idea. Probably summer.

Today a band called Cage the Elephant - popular band - tweeted to fans to familiarize themselves with Partybaby.

That's pretty cool!

Also they're opening for The Thermals in San Francisco 2-25-16. So there you have another cool thing. They're getting nicely seasoned to be ready for whatever happens down the line.

I'm excited!

"Oh, gee, Les, you're excited for your son. Big deal."

"Yeah. But it's a big deal to me." ;)

Last edited:
Back