Would love to see S2 versions!

bigcohoona

big~C
I'm primarily a Taylor player live (710ce Dread), but use McPhersons and others in the studio.

I'm a long time connoisseur of acoustics and have never personally overly enjoyed PRS' overall acoustic tone, they just always sound too precise for a heavy strummer.

This being said, I am loving the A10E Hog! Amazing value-to-sound solution, and with a bone nut!

Currently owning an S2 Singlecut (since there is no 25" scale in core model SC's anymore), I have been very impressed with PRS' midrange Ax's.

I would love to see this applied to their Acoustic line as well. Having a $1500 American PRS Acoustic (with maybe a Baggs pup) would be a great addition to their lineup.

I'm a sucker for loyalty and if I can use the same brand all around I always like to.

~C

Well, you may be getting your wish. I did a factory tour today, and the tour guide said the acoustic area was not fully in operation because they're trying some different things to see if they can drive the process to a lower price point. It will be interesting to watch what happens. (And no, none of what they may be trying was discussed.)

Well, you may be getting your wish. I did a factory tour today, and the tour guide said the acoustic area was not fully in operation because they're trying some different things to see if they can drive the process to a lower price point. It will be interesting to watch what happens. (And no, none of what they may be trying was discussed.)

Lol! I wouldn't have even dug for more info :) .

Great news, Thanks!

Will definitely be interesting. There's been a rumor circulating for a bit now.

I think a lower priced PRS acoustic would be very nice for the huddled masses.

I say, Jeeves, would you bring me another 50 year old Glenfarclas? Thanks so much.

I dont believe it to be a rumor. This very PRS website acknowledged some funding grants that were to be used to support PRS Acoustics. S2 seems to be an obvious llogical landing place. But, time will tell, sooner or later, how that will unfold. I am sure it will be good.

If it only included solid back and sides with maybe a choice of pickups and an ebony fretboard I'd pre-order today!

My hope is they go a more subdued route than the majority of their Electrics. I personally like faded and subdued instruments, especially with my acoustic guitars. Bought a 700 range Taylor because the 800 was full of abalone everywhere :D.

Love how the the new SE Acoustics look (Especially the Hog), various wood inlays, etc. I'm sure whatever they come out with will be excellent.

S2 Angelus Satin would be amazing...
S2 Tonare Grand Satin, S2 Cody Kilby Satin... and other S2 signature would be appreciated.

I'm primarily a Taylor player live (710ce Dread), but use McPhersons and others in the studio.

I'm a long time connoisseur of acoustics and have never personally overly enjoyed PRS' overall acoustic tone, they just always sound too precise for a heavy strummer.

This being said, I am loving the A10E Hog! Amazing value-to-sound solution, and with a bone nut!

Currently owning an S2 Singlecut (since there is no 25" scale in core model SC's anymore), I have been very impressed with PRS' midrange Ax's.

I would love to see this applied to their Acoustic line as well. Having a $1500 American PRS Acoustic (with maybe a Baggs pup) would be a great addition to their lineup.

I'm a sucker for loyalty and if I can use the same brand all around I always like to.

~C

Wouldn't we all? Unfortunately they will not land at 1500... The thing is - acoustics need even more work from workers as those electrics which will add cost over and over again. More likely that those will be 2-3k. Sad but true... Over here in Europe the SE A30E is 1.149€, so not likely at all to start S2s at 1,5k =/

eh... not a fan of seeing an S2 acoustic. Martin has pretty much perfected the art of the affordable US made acoustic and I just can't see a PRS made S2 acoustic being able to compete on price with equivalent features. Sure, some would sell to the devoted PRS fans like the 305 and DC3 did. But, you aren't going to gain ground on Martin or even Taylor, who are entrenched solidly in that market. This isn't like trying to steal Gibson players, because you have the advantage in quality. The best acoustic guitars on planet Earth are made by those 2 companies and have been for eons. If PRS can be successful, then that's great. But, the acoustic market is already small as it is and I just don't see the logic in trying to compete in it.

There is logic in the thought in that the acoustic guitar market is currently the only segment of the guitar market undergoing what could be described as "growth." They now have well over 50% of the total market share of all guitars sold and it's on the up, at least for now.

What you're saying about Taylor and Martin is perhaps what Paul thought about Fender and Gibson when he first started out, and yet here we are...

Well, it's not impossible....

I will buy S2 Angelus Satin for sure..... as long as they feel like a pattern regular neck electric guitar with satin body, I'm buying it.
S2 Tonare Grand Satin would be great too.

Back