Worst Custom 24 Fake Ever!

Yeah that's pretty bad, first one I've seen in Fayetteville/NWA though. Usually fake LP's or Strats.
Hopefully nobody gets shafted on that one.

I dont get it. If you really want to make fake guitars, how abouting buying one and copying the asthetics PROPERLY! I mean these people didn't even try - just by LOOKING at a photo you can tell the horns on the headstock aren't the same haha

I dont get it. If you really want to make fake guitars, how abouting buying one and copying the asthetics PROPERLY! I mean these people didn't even try - just by LOOKING at a photo you can tell the horns on the headstock aren't the same haha

I know! Does he seriously think that somebody who would spend $1700 on a guitar wouldn't at least google PRS and see the difference? That guitar wouldn't even be a good copy of an SE!

That's actually real, PRS was experimenting with a banana storage compartment for a while. Just in case you need a snack at the gig.

What a great idea! Seriously, how many times during the middle of a gig have you thought "man I wish I had a banana stored inside my $3000 guitar!" Lol

What a great idea! Seriously, how many times during the middle of a gig have you thought "man I wish I had a banana stored inside my $3000 guitar!" Lol

Especially when you can keep several bananas in your amp's cabinet.

I couldn't believe it when I saw the headstock. They tried hard using SE tuners.
funnyheadstock.jpg

Last edited:
Actually this is a strange case. I sent a nastygram to the person but got a different response than what is usual from heartless scammers. This person claims it was sold to him from a reputable us gear store some years ago. He apparently going back to them to see how they sold him this.

He also seems very sorry and apologetic and took it down. Feel bad for him and all those who get scammed. I don't see it anymore if searching.

Last edited:
Banana amps! Brilliant!

You know, what if this guy really did buy it for $2000, loves the guitar, and decided to sell it because he hit hard times..and now we tell him it's a fake! Yikes! Worst day ever.

You know, I don't like the Craigslist police . You know, the guys who say don't buy that guitar cause it's not a deal..etc..but I had to post something about this guitar. As a PRS lover, and owner..pisses me off to see..glad this one is off the market for now.

Hey- this is the owners sister. We are having a hard time proving to the shop owner that this is a fake. He doesn't believe it at all. Any advice? Or can we email someone with more pictures? Help us get his money back from this dude!!

Hey- this is the owners sister. We are having a hard time proving to the shop owner that this is a fake. He doesn't believe it at all. Any advice? Or can we email someone with more pictures? Help us get his money back from this dude!!

Wow Lula, I'm really sorry this happened to your brother. It is such a glaringly obvious fake to me as fetishist that I don't know what to advise besides calling the cops and issuing them any stock photo of a real PRS. As much as we all laugh at copy guitars, it is a horrible feeling to know someone got duped.

Show him (and the cops if necessary), this thread.

Back