Why isn't the Santana model more popular?

Thanks, "g"...and I'll definitely post some more pics when I get her tomorrow. And I believe that one of the forum members here is a former owner of this one at one time, and she's a bit unusual in that she is a "true" Santana I, but was custom ordered in 1999 (two years after they stopped production of the "1") and is dated as a 2000...kinda cool!! And she also has documentation that she really does have a BRW which I believe that "1's" didn't have, though many have claimed that their IRW was BRW (but I don't have a dog in that hunt...I'm just thrilled that mine really is BRW).

@steve...I'd say I have been in the same camp regarding the Santana model as I've always felt it had a very 80's "Hamer-esque" look, but there was always just something about them that kept them within the perimeter of my "GAS"....they truly have hauntingly unique look w/ the finishes and lines, etc. And I've had a super-nice Byrdland before which is a full inch shorter in the neck scale than the Santana, and it was a DREAM to play (and I'm 6' 3" with large hands, but I could fly on it...and Ted Nugent isn't exactly a small guy either and he's been rocking Byrdlands his entire career). So I don't think I'll have any issue w/ the unique neck scale of the Santana. AND...I found the most beautiful one I've ever seen at a great price LOL!

@steve...I'd say I have been in the same camp regarding the Santana model as I've always felt it had a very 80's "Hamer-esque" look, but there was always just something about them that kept them within the perimeter of my "GAS"....they truly have hauntingly unique look w/ the finishes and lines, etc. And I've had a super-nice Byrdland before which is a full inch shorter in the neck scale than the Santana, and it was a DREAM to play (and I'm 6' 3" with large hands, but I could fly on it...and Ted Nugent isn't exactly a small guy either and he's been rocking Byrdlands his entire career). So I don't think I'll have any issue w/ the unique neck scale of the Santana. AND...I found the most beautiful one I've ever seen at a great price LOL!

Great score! I'm jealous!

For me its that I don't like the body shape. Its not an attractive body style to me.

I love the other PRS bodies, but never could get into the Santana shape.

OK...I'll try to keep this short: Just rec'd my "unique" 2000 Santana 1 today (yayyyy, NGD!!!). Let me first say that my guitar collection of 98 high-end guitars consists of multiple CS and Historic LP's, multiple MB Strats and Tele's, vintage PRS's along w/ two PS 594's (sensational, btw), vintage 335's, Danocaster's of all shapes and sizes, McInturff's, McKnaught's, vintage Baker's, etc., etc. AND this Santana 1 is by far the best playing and feeling guitar/neck that I've ever encountered (why did it take me this long?!?...and I guess my collection just went to 99 LOL!). The sustain is indescribable, the versatility is...well...insanely versatile, and the guitar is soooo comfortable. There's no "honeymoon" going on here as I play many of the guitars in my collection daily, so the A/B testing is kinda just what I do. Of course this is just all my opinion, but the difference(s) are so huge that it's quite simply just shocking. I've probably played her for at least 3 hours today, and I guess that a.) I'll scratch my head for a while for having not pulled the trigger sooner on a Santana 1, and b.) wonder why this model isn't more popular (though I know accessibility and quantity play into this). At any rate, here's a few more pics:

....now, back to more playing :)

OK...I'll try to keep this short: Just rec'd my "unique" 2000 Santana 1 today (yayyyy, NGD!!!). Let me first say that my guitar collection of 98 high-end guitars consists of multiple CS and Historic LP's, multiple MB Strats and Tele's, vintage PRS's along w/ two PS 594's (sensational, btw), vintage 335's, Danocaster's of all shapes and sizes, McInturff's, McKnaught's, vintage Baker's, etc., etc. AND this Santana 1 is by far the best playing and feeling guitar/neck that I've ever encountered (why did it take me this long?!?...and I guess my collection just went to 99 LOL!). The sustain is indescribable, the versatility is...well...insanely versatile, and the guitar is soooo comfortable. There's no "honeymoon" going on here as I play many of the guitars in my collection daily, so the A/B testing is kinda just what I do. Of course this is just all my opinion, but the difference(s) are so huge that it's quite simply just shocking. I've probably played her for at least 3 hours today, and I guess that a.) I'll scratch my head for a while for having not pulled the trigger sooner on a Santana 1, and b.) wonder why this model isn't more popular (though I know accessibility and quantity play into this). At any rate, here's a few more pics:

Just dead sexy! Totally get where you're coming from on "why did it take so long."

PRS for me has to have the natural binding but this color and burst goes very well with the painted binding. Drooool.

I last chimed in this thread back in July 2016 when I didn't have one...I bought this one February 2017...it's a 2011 model...the volume and tone controls are right where I wanted them too...

EyjLrLj.jpg

Wow, wow, and more wow!

Can’t even say how much I like that beautiful, traditional finish, except it’s one of the nicest I’ve seen.

I realize that the looks thing varies by personal taste, and that’s all well and good, but I think the Santana shape is the prettiest one PRS makes. And I say this with no dog in the hunt; all my PRSes are the usual SCs and DCs.

Anyway, it’s great, and I hope you get much joy from it!

agreed on the shape, never had one but the symmetry appeals. like a big fat peach.

i need one but i’m trying to keep it under 100 guitars.

Wow, wow, and more wow!

Can’t even say how much I like that beautiful, traditional finish, except it’s one of the nicest I’ve seen.

I realize that the looks thing varies by personal taste, and that’s all well and good, but I think the Santana shape is the prettiest one PRS makes. And I say this with no dog in the hunt; all my PRSes are the usual SCs and DCs.

Anyway, it’s great, and I hope you get much joy from it!

agreed on the shape, never had one but the symmetry appeals. like a big fat peach.

i need one but i’m trying to keep it under 100 guitars.

A hundred shmundred......everyone NEEDS a Santana!

Back