Why isn't the Santana model more popular?

I'd rather have the regular body shape, and knob positions, but I'd love to have my custom 24 in that scale length and headstock shape!!!!

A fatback mahogany bodied, 24.5" scale custom 24, with the Santana headstock shape; mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

I think it's because they're a bit more money, and the ergonomics are a little different from the models most folks are used to, i.e., neck, fretboard radius, control placement.

Others have said the inlays in the top throw them. I kinda like the look, it's more or less a classic one from PRS.

They certainly are great guitars. I should probably get one at some point, but I seem to always be tempted by some other new, shiny object coming at me from PRS.

Now THAT'S tempting
Just do it. It is inevitable anyway, so you might as well just get it done. I have a spare room with a nice bed, and a spare tempurpedic mattress without a room - but the library has a floor and is close to the wine and beer.

You can take my bruiser for a spin any time. It's not exactly a Santana but you'll know in an instant if the whole Santana/West St. platform is for you.

This you should definitely do. Even if you find the platform odd, you can still come to my place and play guitars Sergio isn't fighting you for. I have four quite nice blue guitars.

Just do it. It is inevitable anyway, so you might as well just get it done. I have a spare room with a nice bed, and a spare tempurpedic mattress without a room - but the library has a floor and is close to the wine and beer.

This you should definitely do. Even if you find the platform odd, you can still come to my place and play guitars Sergio isn't fighting you for. I have four quite nice blue guitars.

I'm good with the floor if it's closer to the adult beverages. If those guitars are blue, I'm not going to have to fight Sergio for them!

Alas, it won't be anytime soon. I've got a wife with a bum wheel. Surgery coming in September and 8-10 weeks of recovery before she's back on both feet. It's been a long spring/summer for her, plus she hits the big 6-0 in September. It's been a challenge keeping her spirits up. On the other hand, a week on her own, and a case of gin might be just what she needs!

I love the body, I love the neck, but I just can't get comfortable with the short scale 24 fret neck...

Look at this. What is not to love?

The big belly carve is unique to the Santana, and I really dig it.
A match made in heaven....

Er-mah-gerd!

I love both of these guitars, plus the amp, and uh...

Listen, just gimme one of everything. I see very little point in abstaining from guitars that are cool. Who's with me on this?

I'd rather have the regular body shape, and knob positions, but I'd love to have my custom 24 in that scale length and headstock shape!!!!

A fatback mahogany bodied, 24.5" scale custom 24, with the Santana headstock shape; mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

I have thought about commissioning this very PS but with the regular HS shape.

Thread needs more pics.
CK_364EywaTop.JPG

Back