Why are the Brent Mason's no longer made?

dlqdobro

I'm new to the world of PRS. Sweetwater had a sell on some Custom 24 SE's 3 months ago, so I picked one up. I had them my preferred setup, with my preferred strings as well. When I got it out of the case, it was without question the best feeling guitar I'd ever held. Next, the sound was absolutely phenomenal for a $600 guitar. Two weeks later, I decided to step up and get a real deal. I called a dear friend who is an endorsee for PRS. His name is Seth Morrison. Given the wide variety of styles I play, he recommended a PRS Brent Mason Model. That was quite a task. I looked every day for a month, before finding the right one. I got it. I immediately took it to my set up guy, and had him do my preferred set up / strings. WITHOUT QUESTION, It is the most incredible guitar I've ever held. Fat Tele Tone. Fat Strat Tone. Les Paul on Steroids tone. It literally does it all. Now, I just got my second Brent Mason, and found a 3rd that a band member of mine just bought. I basically want to know why on earth this guitar is no longer in production. This is probably a noob question, but I'd really like to know. It doesn't make much sense to me. Thanks!!!!!

-Josh

I saw a country band two weeks ago and their guitar player had a Brent Mason. I was surprised at how good it sounded. Totally impressed.

Hmmmm.....I don't have a Brent Mason.....
NFW! Well, you've been called out publicly. By yourself! LOL
(He's probably not even here any more. Went to reverb 15 seconds after this post! )

And that's not good for me, because I've always wanted one of these and never found one to play... and I know you'll be sending me the "you need one of these" emails less than 24 hours after you get one. :D

NFW! Well, you've been called out publicly. By yourself! LOL
(He's probably not even here any more. Went to reverb 15 seconds after this post! )

And that's not good for me, because I've always wanted one of these and never found one to play... and I know you'll be sending me the "you need one of these" emails less than 24 hours after you get one. :D

Of course I went to Reverb....2 available....in Europe :(

I was actually shopping for one when I bought my NF3. It was either NF3, SAS Studio, or BM. Couldn’t find a BM in the color I wanted (it was actually my first choice even though I hadn’t played one because someone I know played one once and couldn’t stop talking about how great it sounded and how many different tones it had). I couldn’t find an SAS in either of my color choices, then the plain Jane NF3 came in cheaper than any of them so I jumped, and have never and WILL never look back.

Hmmmm.....I don't have a Brent Mason.....

Don’t think of it as a Brent Mason...think of it as a Strat-tana...get one (and I’ll let you know how to mod it to make it even better).

Don’t think of it as a Brent Mason...think of it as a Strat-tana...get one (and I’ll let you know how to mod it to make it even better).

In that case, it sounds like I need to be on the hunt.

Back