Who's your top 5 favorite Guitarists?

Oh, and Howie because he’s also an excellent dude.

Ok, so what "Howie" were you really talking about?

Top 5 is almost impossible for me and several would change depending on whom I've listened too lately. Top 10 is much easier, but as of today and not necessarily in order:

Jimi
Allan Holdsworth
Robin Trower
Eddie Van Halen
Jeff Beck

At any time, Di Meola, Morse, Yngwie, Petrucci, and several others can be in the top 5.

I may start another related thread that asks the question a bit differently.

Ok, so what "Howie" were you really talking about?

Top 5 is almost impossible for me and several would change depending on whom I've listened too lately. Top 10 is much easier, but as of today and not necessarily in order:

Jimi
Allan Holdsworth
Robin Trower
Eddie Van Halen
Jeff Beck

At any time, Di Meola, Morse, Yngwie, Petrucci, and several others can be in the top 5.

I may start another related thread that asks the question a bit differently.

Leese

LOL, no, I was just playing. But I didn't know what Howie he was really talking about. So I figured I'd have some fun while finding out. I expected to quickly get "corrected."
(Hey, cut me some slack, even a few delusional seconds of thinking someone here thought I was cool was kinda nice! :D )

Terry Kath...The only guitarist that Hendrix would bow down to.

Yes sir! Hendrix told that to more than a few people! I was playing Wind cried Mary earlier. Alot of folks think that song was about his girlfriend. All BS, along with a lot of other Hendrix Hype that Hendrix himself said otherwise. He truly marveled at Kath's ability. And understandably so!

Ok keeping the list to 5 is a bit difficult, so heres a name of a guy that I think is an up and coming phenomenal PRS player. I saw him play live 2 years ago with Scott Stapp. Personally I think he plays way beyond Tremonti, and has amazing speed on the neck.

Yiannis Papadopoulos, his videos are on YouTube.

As others have stated, limiting to 5 is tough. In no particular order (just how they came out of my head)

1. Alex Lifeson
  2. Don Ross
  3. Lari Basilio
  4. Neil Geraldo
  5. Pat Kirtley
I'm limiting this to "famous" folks. My truly biggest influences have come from two instructors I've had over my life: Stan Jacques and Rick Lawson.

Ok keeping the list to 5 is a bit difficult, so heres a name of a guy that I think is an up and coming phenomenal PRS player. I saw him play live 2 years ago with Scott Stapp. Personally I think he plays way beyond Tremonti, and has amazing speed on the neck.

Yeah he is ridiculously good.

Yeah he is ridiculously good.

He's also a member here.

Perhaps he's been too busy to pop in lately (understandable) but... it's impossible for me to forget his name or his playing. I thought he was just a regular dude that'd post little unassuming videos of his playing, and then I'd click on the link and... Boom! Super talented player.

Back