Who here has an obscene amount of guitars?

My wife asked me why I need all the guitars I have. I explain that each one has a particular unique tone.
She scoffs so I pick up each one, turn on an amp to a clean channel and demonstrate each ones particular value for tone or feeling. She got it.
I love that woman.
My wife is in my/our band, plays percussion (and sings vocals, like most of us), so she understands the subtleties of instruments. She heard how the 305 was different from the rest. And the McKorina Soapy Brazzy. And she saw me write new songs on these new instruments, inspired by the tones. So she gets it.

That's why I love her to death.

Wait, no, I'm not gonna kill her.

Listen, that's not what I meant.

OK, I need a lawyer now.

(Edited to fix a typo)

Last edited:
A lot of em, yes...Obscene amount, no, that's not possible. Now...If I could just learn how to play them well.

I had a bunch, and though I do miss having that many from a "I love to look at them" perspective, I am content with less.

I am down to three - a CU 24(my #1), a P24 wood library ( a compliment to my number one but with piezo for songs with acoustic parts that transition to electric mid song) and a SCT (for LP) tones.

2 Rainsongs 1six and 1 twelve string.

And there's the chorus to a new song. :cool:
Hmm, lemme see what I can do with that...
And song is written - words and music. Slightly modified the words from above to match the cadence I liked, and the choruses I wrote from them are slightly different to go with the rest of the song.

I need to let the rest of the band have a listen, see what arranging we want to do, and come up with some lead breaks.

Thanks for the inspiration!

I have around 15. I have bought and sold 150 in 53 years of playing.

And song is written - words and music. Slightly modified the words from above to match the cadence I liked, and the choruses I wrote from them are slightly different to go with the rest of the song.

I need to let the rest of the band have a listen, see what arranging we want to do, and come up with some lead breaks.

Thanks for the inspiration!
Sweet, can't wait to hear it.

Sweet, can't wait to hear it.
ooh, dunno if you want to be exposed to such raw, um, "material".

I look back at my first pass at some of my songs and wonder "what the heck was I thinking?" And sometimes that is true of the so-called "last pass"...

So which puppy is going out the door first?
Looks like the puppies are staying, but sadly one of her older dogs has since died. The puppies are such hard work, that she's since said "you can have as many guitars as I like".

However, like "do what you want!", and "I'm off home, you stay here in the bar a bit longer", I know increasing the number of PRSi wouldn't be wise ;)

Looks like the puppies are staying, but sadly one of her older dogs has since died. The puppies are such hard work, that she's since said "you can have as many guitars as I like".

However, like "do what you want!", and "I'm off home, you stay here in the bar a bit longer", I know increasing the number of PRSi wouldn't be wise ;)

Hmmm... Reread that sentence, maybe... "YOU can have as many guitars as I like".... ;-)

Seventeen at present but I'm trying to get down to five or six. Two were sold this week. I've got a weakness for buying older guitars on eBay with the intention of giving them a light overhaul and selling them on but... you know how it is. ;)
Four amps and all sorts of FX too but I need to trim them down as well.
I'll post a couple of pictures when I've got over my 'new boy' status.

I have 4
54 reissue les Paul which I play all the time very versatile instrument
A custom 24
A 594
A bashed up bargain acoustic that I like to play acoustic blues on

Back