Who here has an obscene amount of guitars?

Michael_DK

Just curious is all :) I know some of you have crazy amounts of guitars (admittedly, one man's crazy is another man's not nearly enough)....

I myself don't fall into the category, since I only have five electrics, one acoustic and two basses (at least I don't think I do...? It has to be said that one of the basses is mostly my fiancé's and I'm trying to sell one of the guitars)

So who here has more than 10 of one kind of instrument (eg. electric guitars), or 15 all combined?

I guess amps should also be counted :-D

Paging Joe Bonamassa, you have a call on line one, it's Rick Nielsen on the phone :)

I am up to ten now, and that is too many.
I also have too many amps.
That is only a partial of my amps, I have many hiding in the spare room.

1.jpg

I've got 4 electrics, 1 acoustic, and 1 amp. However, my pedalboard was getting a bit obscene, so I downsized significantly.

You have no idea...
Mrs. Bebop buys/collects inexpensive and/or used guitars like some women buy purses & shoes. GC is one of her favorite happy places.
We've easily bought / sold / traded at least 300-400 guitars over the last 5/6 years. Nothing really expensive or "collectable", but a wide range of makes/models and styles none the less. Our current herd is always in flux, but there are plenty of keepers for sure.
It's been a fabulous educational experience, and my set-up, repair and mod skills have increased dramatically. :p
There are times that I really wish I only ever had a couple of guitars and had spent all this time just learning how to practice and play better, but that was just not my path. I've always been a gear slut, even in my teenage years..
I got to do the rock n roll thing locally as a bass player for close to 20 years before I burnt out on that. Got to record & gig... a lot. Had a lot of fun and got to hang with a lot of good people, and for those memories I'm grateful.
I can't recommend getting out and playing with others enough.... if you haven't, you really should.
Oops... sorry for the ramble....
Just play what makes you happy! Life is short, and you can't take it with you...

12 Electrics, 4 Basses, 7 Acoustics, and a Mandolin. That's actually several down from my peak, and half a dozen of them are beaters.
I really need to thin the herd by a few (my guitar closet is overflowing), but my most recent fleabay sales dealings have left such a bad taste in my mouth I'll probably just sit on the surplus unless I need funds.

Its not obscene if you play them all or even display them all. Once you start hoarding them and they never leave the case I would say that is obscene.

A lot, but not obscene. It only became a bit too much when I merged the two places I lived in into one. I'll probably fix that slowly by getting rid of one guitar a year until it feels right.

The four amps currently in the house is just right. I might add one or two heads.

I should probably only have one guitar, as I am a beginner. And I have more than one. So yes, I fall into that category.

24 electrics (including 8 PRS, all core), 3 acoustics, 1 electric bass. 7 guitar amps (including 5 head/cab and 2 combos), 1 acoustic amp (Fishman Loudbox Mini), 1 bass amp. One of the heads is an original 100-watt Archon.

Stupid, really. I should probably get rid of 2/3 of the electrics, but I can't decide which ones should go...all the easy ones are already gone. At one point I was close to 50.

So they sit, and occasionally get played.

PS - out of the electrics, only one Gibson (ES-335) and one Fender (Baja Tele). The bass is a Fender, too.

12 Guitars ( 11 electric 1 acoustic ) 2 amps and 2 pedal boards , I don't think there is any problem mine are out and played and it great fun to have people over and share the guitar love !!!

Ah, there is one resident here who at one point had well over 100 PRSi, mostly collector-level models like PSs and Limited Editions, IIRC. I think he would still win for the largest private collection of PRSi, although I do recall seeing him sell off a few (on other sites, of course - no selling here!)

Oh yeah, and personally I have about 12 PRSi (11 electrics, one acoustic) plus another dozen guitars of various brands and types, some just junk that I experiment on. And I want more - if I had a million dollars...I'd end up with a lot less than a million dollars, but some cool guitars...

Back