Votes: 21 38.2%
  • 90's

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • 2000-2009

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • I live in the present!

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters
80's and present for me. Grew up being slammed by the repetitive cycle of songs on FM radio of the 70's which is now known as classic rock. Appreciated it, but grew tired of it. Turning 10 in 1980, I was so into bands like Rush, VH, Journey. Later morphed into listening to Ozzy, Judas Priest, The Police and new bands like The Cult, Ratt, Queensryche, Def Leppard. Got into college rock, new wave, and punk, listening to The Police, Fugazi, and REM. Gravitate towards guitar virtuosos like SRV, Malmsteen, Satriani, and David Torn. Now, I am always trying to listen to new music, just to keep from hearing the old songs too much. Recently made a playlist for my kid of some guitar heavy tracks from my collection just to try to get him past Metallica. So 80's.

60's and 70's for me, which is a little funny since I was born in '79. I grew up on 80's pop, rock, and country, but when I got into guitar in the 90's I was heavily into the rock of the 60's into the early 70's.

I will listen to and play a little of everything now, but stuff like Bluesbreakers, Cream, Jimi, and Allman Brothers is still my happiest zone.

Well, "the old guys" brought me to the guitar at all, at that time I was a massive Led Zeppelin Fan and Jimmy Page was my hero. I heard all their stuff lots of times, have all their records, most of them double (CD & LP). But when I lost interest in the guitar for a brief period, it was re-kindled for example by Porcupine Tree/Steven Wilson and lots of newer, 2000 until now kind of era music.

Back