• HXDA

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • DG

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Neither, you already have it covered

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

watelessness

I already have a Dallas, C, H, Archon 100, and Archon 25. I've previously had a Sweet 16 and Original Sewell. In addition, i have a Marshall JCM2000, Louis Electric Columbia Reverb, Fender Princeton Reverb, Fender Blues Junior, and Carvin V3.

Which amp will fill a gap for me? Or, rather, which amp do i need first?

Thanks

I didn't vote because both the DG and the HXDA are very different amps, and neither one sounds like what you've got.

So it's more a matter of what tone direction you'd like to go in first.

I didn't vote because both the DG and the HXDA are very different amps, and neither one sounds like what you've got.

So it's more a matter of what tone direction you'd like to go in first.
This. Although I voted for HXDA before I read this, so was like voting my opinion, man.

I voted HXDA cause I have one and it does a lot of heavy lifting for me, I have a 50watt 6L6 amp that handles my Blackface needs and I have the ultimate plexi in my HXDA, now all "I" need is a DG for the tweed thing

I went HXDA due to you not having a Plexi style in your hoard.

I would also suggest a tweaked out, custom designed JTM45 style as well somewhere down the road(I built my own and added a proper master volume, effects loop, switchable boost, tweaked the tone stack a bit (again switchable), and a few other things.) It covers a lot of territory.....

Give the "AMPS" a rest...Get a line six "HELIX" and go direct to mixing console or pa...Nice change of pace for you and your sound...The folks listening will like it too ‼️

I definitely would like an Archon 100 but since I'm still broke after getting my Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster, I will have to sadly declare myself an abstaining voter on this one.

I appreciate the input, guys. I was leaning to the hxda but then i stumbled onto aanother walnut guitar that speaks to. Maybe i need both....

Bundle! Offer asking price plus a steak dinner if they throw in an HXDA with the walnut guitar. Seems reasonable, right? (Of course, they might expect more than a goodnight kiss) o_O

On second thought, don't listen to me.

Gosh, I love tube amps. They're so appealing.

When folks tell me that they got a Kemper and now they can stop looking for real amps, I feel badly for them.

I may like them more than guitars. Get the amp.

Gosh, I love tube amps. They're so appealing.

When folks tell me that they got a Kemper and now they can stop looking for real amps, I feel badly for them.

I may like them more than guitars. Get the amp.

Don't feel bad for me. I love the Kemper. It works great for my situation. I'll never look back.

Back