Where does one go for hollowbody love around here?

I've been kinda poking around at getting another hollow/semihollow guitar. Several years ago, I had an Epi Sheraton that I was a big fan of. Is there a PRS that will get me that 335/Sheraton vibe? It seems like some other forums think the Hollowbody models aren't that similar to a 335 type guitar. Any suggestions?

I've been kinda poking around at getting another hollow/semihollow guitar. Several years ago, I had an Epi Sheraton that I was a big fan of. Is there a PRS that will get me that 335/Sheraton vibe? It seems like some other forums think the Hollowbody models aren't that similar to a 335 type guitar. Any suggestions?

Compared to a 335, the HBII is the closest. It has a bit softer attack and a more woody sound, especially in the neck position. There's a certain edge or bite to a 335 that the HBII won't do, but the HBII has a fullness to it that the 335 won't do.

For a while a couple years back, my band mate had a 335 and I had my HBII, both with Lollar Low Wind Imperials. Here's a video that sums it up well, with us playing both counter and together. I'm mixed in the right speaker, despite being to the left on screen.

Back