When will my guitar arrive?

With apologies to the pure historians among us...

"6 score and 1 years into the future our children will bring forth on this continent, a new guitar, conceived in genius, and dedicated to the proposition that all guitars are not created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great economic war, testing whether that company, or any company so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that competition. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those inferior F&G brand guitars that didn't measure up. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate—we can not consecrate—we can not hallow—this ground. The brave men and women of Maryland, who struggle here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they do here. It is for us the consumers, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who toil here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honored guitars we take increased devotion to that cause in which they continue to give their full measure of musicality—that we here highly resolve that these guitars shall not hang on the walls of Guitar Center in vain—that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of R&B, Blues, and good ol' Rock and Roll—and that guitars made of the people, by the people, and for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

Adapted from the Gettysburg Address...
OK, that was awesome!

I ordered my Singlecut Hollowbody in September -- I vaguely remember it was about a month before they took them out of the catalog -- and it arrived at the merchant at the end of May, so about 8 months for an artist package.

It was kind of hilarious when I searched through my email for the initial order -- there were a whole lot of emails exchanged leading up to the order, then about 3 after confirming the order, then silence. I knew it was going to take some time, but man, I didn't think I was that patient. There was an email in February and another in March, but nothing between September and February.

The occasional check-in is certainly a good idea. Way back in Feb '02 when I ordered my HBII, I was quoted 9 months. I was thinking, perfect - just in time for the holidays. I stayed away from the shop so I would hopefully think less about that long wait. I popped by in August for a set of acoustic strings, and there was my guitar on the wall for sale. Turned out it had just arrived a couple of days before. Sales guy had quit and didn't pass the word. Lucky for me nobody bought it out from under me.

well, today is officially the 6 month mark!!! Every day the anticipation keeps on building. Hoping it's not going to be too much longer now.

well, today is officially the 6 month mark!!! Every day the anticipation keeps on building. Hoping it's not going to be too much longer now.

The rest of us are only pretending that we have to wait for our guitars so you don’t feel bad.

We really get our special orders in about a week. Shawn was only kidding when he said your wait would be about 8 months.

The rest of us are only pretending that we have to wait for our guitars so you don’t feel bad.

We really get our special orders in about a week. Shawn was only kidding when he said your wait would be about 8 months.
Crossing my fingers for about a week ;)

Crossing my fingers for about a week ;)
You MUST try to forget. Its like watching and waiting for water to boil!!

I ordered a Private Stock mid to end of March. I had nearly forgotten about it when I saw a picture of it on Private Stock Friday 2 weeks ago. Then, nearly as surprised when my dealer contacted me 2 days ago to tell me it was in!!!

Kevin

I ordered a Private Stock mid to end of March. I had nearly forgotten about it when I saw a picture of it on Private Stock Friday 2 weeks ago. Then, nearly as surprised when my dealer contacted me 2 days ago to tell me it was in!!!

Kevin
haha i try to take my mind off it but i also work in a store that sells PRS so i have the fun/torture of thinking about them all day

Kevin

I don’t see no NGD thread.

I don’t see no NGD thread.
Its coming, but currently still at the dealer......! I have a special set of pickups I bought a while back that I am sending to have installed. (I don't have a local tech that I really trust. and I SUCK with a soldering iron. One of my other PS ended up with a trip to the PTC after I attempted a pickup change). Additionally, there is a small issue with the guitar that needs sorted prior to shipping to me. I figure I've waited this long. Never realized how this guitar thing would help develop my patience!!!

Just a hint!!
Kevin
uE3AxRo.jpg

Its coming, but currently still at the dealer......! I have a special set of pickups I bought a while back that I am sending to have installed. (I don't have a local tech that I really trust. and I SUCK with a soldering iron. One of my other PS ended up with a trip to the PTC after I attempted a pickup change). Additionally, there is a small issue with the guitar that needs sorted prior to shipping to me. I figure I've waited this long. Never realized how this guitar thing would help develop my patience!!!

Just a hint!!
Kevin
uE3AxRo.jpg

Oooooo. Looks nice!

So I finally got an update from my dealer. (after 7 months..) and PRS said that the sign-off date for it is the last week of november. Does this mean it'll ship that week? Or does that just mean it's done that week and it'll still take a week or so to ship?

I would take the sign off date to mean out of the factory door. It will then be sent to your dealer, who will contact you when it arrives for you to collect or re-post directly to you, whatever your arrangement is. For clarification maybe you can ask your dealer?

The good news is, finally there are signs of movement. It will be in your hands very soon and all of the pain and suffering will be gone in an instant :)

im wondering if it means it will be the end of the week or beginning. Probably the end though im guessing. Hopefully its a little sooner than friday though so that it will ship sometime that week instead of the week after.

Back