When a good vacation becomes great...

Lister

Playing guitar badly since the 70's...
So last Saturday the family and I were having breakfast in a neat little restaurant in downtown Louisville Colorado, when I casually mention to the better half that there's this great little guitar shop literally just a block or so up the street and since we had a little time to kill...

So this happened:
DnyvVMf.png

5tonSSe.png

wFXynlQ.png

Honestly, I'd been looking for a singlecut of some sort, but this Mira was simply too nice to pass up. So, this is my new-to-me, minty fresh, 2012 Mira in Frost Blue Metallic with a Pattern Thin neck.

So the immediate problem was we'd only been on vacation a couple of days and I didn't relish the idea of dragging around a guitar for another 6 days, so the shop arranged to ship it so it'd get home about the same time we did. Special shoutout to Lance and the gang at Wildwood Guitars, they were great to work with!

BTW, the above pics are off their website as I can't take a decent guitar pic to save my life as you shall see...

anyway, here she is finally at home with the SE. (see what I mean about the pics, she looks gray or silver in this one, ugh)
iATmpDz.jpg

So far I've only got to spend a couple of hours playing time with her, but I really like that the pickups don't seem to be as "hot" as the SE's. For lack of a better description, she seems more "clear" or "clean" in both in humbucker and split mode and really nails that classic rock vibe though the Marshall.

Nice score! And a really cool store - I've been there once, and those guys were great to me.

Posts like this make it harder to convince myself to move some of these guitars, even for a good reason. They remind of why I bought the guitar in the first place.

Congrats! My sister lived in Louisville for over twenty years. I'd stop by time from time when I visited. Great shop, but one would never know from outside appearances. Hopefully you stopped by Loulou's for some BBQ or 12 Degrees for an adult beverage.

Congrats! Love the old Mira’s. Lance and Wildwood are both great! He took the time to play a handful of newly arrived Vela’s and give me tonal opinions on each.

Thanks everybody, she's a keeper! I'm amazed by how good she sounds and how light weight she is. Wildwood had her listed at 6.85 pounds, she's lighter than my SG and very comfortable to play.

Congrats! My sister lived in Louisville for over twenty years. I'd stop by time from time when I visited. Great shop, but one would never know from outside appearances. Hopefully you stopped by Loulou's for some BBQ or 12 Degrees for an adult beverage.
You really wouldn't! When we walked up and went in I was thinking this can't be the place! Where's all the guitars?
Unfortunately, the only restaurant we had time to sample in Louisville was the Huckleberry. It was killer! We then scooted over to the Shelby American Museum in Boulder after Wildwood.

Congrats! Love the old Mira’s. Lance and Wildwood are both great! He took the time to play a handful of newly arrived Vela’s and give me tonal opinions on each.
I wish more places gave as good of customer service as they do. It was easy from start to finish and I got to play through their Fender Deluxe that has the best cleans I've ever heard. Lance quickly pointed out before I even plugged in that it wasn't for sale! Bummer.
And I'm not one to spread rumors, but I overheard that they will be expanding. Now whether that means opening up into the building next door where they store guitars or something else, I'm not sure, but I wish them nothing but the best and I'm looking forward to a return trip.

Nice score!

I want a Mira one day. Almost bought one a couple weeks ago - it was beat-up, so I offered a discount to the asking price to get it to where I thought it was worthwhile. They countered, but too much for me to bite back.

That is so cool they I'm only mildly disappointed that this wasn't the semi-detailed vacation romance story I was expecting! So, cool guitar!

And, next time...

Nice guitar.

Joe Walsh was playing (slide on) one last night on Rocky Mountain Way on the Dan Fogelberg tribute on TV.
I caught just a bit of that show. Joe can make any guitar sound great, but that red Mira was definitely drool worthy-for me at least. I thought it sounded better than the LP he used for the talkbox solo, but I might be a little biased! He's played that Mira for a while, both with the Eagles and solo, the only obvious change I can see is an adjustable stoptail, or was that an option for core Mira's?

I caught just a bit of that show. Joe can make any guitar sound great, but that red Mira was definitely drool worthy-for me at least. I thought it sounded better than the LP he used for the talkbox solo, but I might be a little biased! He's played that Mira for a while, both with the Eagles and solo, the only obvious change I can see is an adjustable stoptail, or was that an option for core Mira's?
Awesome!
I'ma go play my Mira now...

Back