Whats your favorite PRS/best of the herd??

That's what happened to me. Rarely play anything else for very long anymore. Play my NF3 for something very different sounding. But most of the time it's just the PS.

So it's not just me? The PS is the first thing I reach for, with the DGT, 408 and Tremonti the clear second tier (meaning clearly above what else I have). Haven't had the Vela long enough to feel where exactly it's going to slot in. The SE-7 and Holcomb are more specialty things.

dscn2660-jpg.551315

dscn2639-jpg.551319

dscn2646-jpg.551314

Anyone being upset by my decision?

You've never heard of a semi-gloss nitro finish?? Come on Pete, you need to get out more :D. But on a serious note, the 59/09 limited from a few years back like the one Spikedog posted had a semi-gloss nitro finish. Love your guitar though, it's so sick!!!

Funny, the previous owner of my 59/09 didn't like the satin finish so he had it 'glossed' at the PTC. But now Pete has me wanting to send it back and have it de-glossed... ;)

I'm fickle. The best of my herd changes constantly.
I give every guitar at least an hour of being the fav. Unfortunately, I only have 12 guitars so, technically, each one probably should get 2 hours per day.

Picking just one isn't possible. They are all the best at one thing or another. When I need the thing one does, it is the best at that time. I guess what I can say is they all are worthy of being a #1.

Might sound a bit strange but I think the SEs. The US stuff is next level, well and truly. And it defecates on other US gear IME. Very special instruments.

But the beauty of the SEs is that these designs are put into the hands of folk with lower budgets. In my opinion, they are some of the nicest guitars I have ever played. And that is ignoring the price point.

When you factor the prices in of the se lines, in particular the standards, you come to see PRS have done something special with these models. I have tried, but I cannot find guitars of the same price point that are consistently made as well, specd as well and play as well.

Picking just one isn't possible. They are all the best at one thing or another. When I need the thing one does, it is the best at that time. I guess what I can say is they all are worthy of being a #1.

X100!!!!
Can I get an AMEN!
My three core PRSi all cover some different ground. They have some common ground, so in a pinch I can make do with any of the three, but I wouldn't want to have to make do, because each one has its' own area it does best.

I only have one so no comparison for me. My 04 McCarty is by far the most beautiful guitar I own.The rest are nice USA guitars, but are stragglers in contest. I do have my eye on and my lust meter working for a Zak Myers in Trampas..... I love that thing.

Back